Button to select same files crashes DOpus

I have a custom button that when left-clicked selects the files in the passive lister that also exist in the active one, and when right-clicked select those that are only present in the passive lister (i.e. Select same/Select different). Someone from this forum made it for me.
But now, after I updated DOpus, pressing that button crashes it. I would post the code for the button, but I have no clue where to find it...

Could someone guide me in finding the code so I can post it here, or maybe offer a different button I might use? Does anyone else have a button with similar functionality?

I use it very often so it's a major irritation that it stopped working...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Use Settings -> Customize to open the Customize window and enter customize mode.

Click on the button on your toolbar. Since it's a three-button (left/right/middle mouse button actions) it will show a menu of its different actions.

Right-click the action you want to look at and select Edit.

You should then be able to see the button's code and paste it here.

To exit customize mode, click OK or Cancel in the Customize window that you opened in the first step.

Ok, here's the code:

Left click:

Select ALL
Select SOURCETODEST DESELECTNOMATCH
Select DESTTOSOURCE DESELECTNOMATCH
dopusrt /cmd Set SOURCE=Toggle
dopusrt /cmd Select NONE

Right click:

Select ALL
Select INVERT
dopusrt /cmd Set SOURCE=Toggle

For some reason this always crashes Opus...

I can't make either button crash so far.

Which one is it that's crashing for you, the left or the right? Or is it both?

Can you post a screenshot showing the two directories you're looking at before it crashes? The problem could be tied to the folder contents or view mode.

I presume we're talking about Opus 9.5 here, too; or is it an older version?

I just tried these buttons and am also experiencing intermittent crashes with both of them. Sometimes crashes on the 1st attempt, sometimes on the 2nd or 3rd. I'm using 9.5 on XP 32-bit.

Regards, AB

The left button code causes Opus to crash for me every time but so far the right button hasn't caused a crash. With the left button code it seems if I remove dopusrt /cmd from the very last line the crashes stop and the button works as expected.

Opus seems to have captured the crash data and I just now sent it in via a bug report.

Further tests reveal that this does not cause a crash..

Select ALL
Select INVERT
Set SOURCE=Toggle
Select NONE

and this does..

Select ALL
Select INVERT
Set SOURCE=Toggle
dopusrt /cmd Select NONE

It's unfortunate that there is no way (that I know of) to either force Set SOURCE=Toggle to make subsequent commands operate on the Dest, which becomes the Source as the result of the toggle. Alternatively, it would be nice to have an "INDEST" option for the Select command, as in..

Select NONE INDEST

Regards, AB

FWIW: DOpus (9.5 / Vista) does also crash when I create buttons with only this code:

dopusrt /cmd Select ALL
OR
dopusrt /cmd Select INVERT
OR
dopusrt /cmd Select ALLDIRS
etc..

So, it has probably something to do with the combination dopusrt and select...

Okay, I saw this issue report and I have noticed similar behavior.

Check out this MS-DOS Batch Function toolbar button:

@externalonly

:Main
CLS
Echo.
Echo. dopusrt /cmd Select ALL
dopusrt /cmd Select ALL
Echo.
Pause[/code]

When this toolbar button is clicked, Opus will crash reliably on my PC. However, when Opus reopens, I can go to the %Temp% folder and double click on the dop0xn.bat file and it will run just fine. Here's what that file looks like when Opus writes it to %Temp%. (I'm on Vista 32-bit if it matters).

code@echo off
chcp 1252 > nul
T:
cd "\Test Folder\Source"
:Opus

:Main
CLS
Echo.
Echo. dopusrt /cmd Select ALL
"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Select ALL
Echo.
Pause[/code]

It seems we stumbled upon a bug in Opus. Earlier version that I had installed (I think it was of a 9.1.1.x branch) didn't have this problem... Hopefully after this report we'll get a fix...

Thanks you everyone for testing/confirming the issue! You're great!

The bug was appeared after v9.1.3.0 (here)

I updated My previous code to solving this problem. Please have a [b]look at it if you like.[/b][/url]

I've just seen your posts. Thank you very much for the update!

The Opus update today also fixes the original issue.

Great! I was hoping for that as it means that reported bug are getting fixed :slight_smile: