Button to start specific windows 10 system settings (classic and modern)

Modern / UWP Settings
With this button you can start the modern (UWP) system settings for autoplay settings for the connected devices and device types. This is just a sample how to start the settings, here you can find all URIs/parameters that you can use to start a specific page of the (modern) system settings. I didnt test it for windows 11 but i guess that those code also work for win11.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<button backcol="none" display="both" label_pos="right" separate="yes" textcol="none">
	<label>Windows Autoplay Settings</label>
	<icon1>/system/imageres.dll,310</icon1>
	<function type="batch">
		<instruction>@runmode hide</instruction>
		<instruction>start ms-settings:autoplay</instruction>
	</function>
</button>

Classic system settings
This sample button opens the classic sound settings. Here you can find more parameters for other settings. Use the field Canonical name as the parameter.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<button backcol="none" display="both" label_pos="right" separate="yes" textcol="none">
	<label>Sound Settings</label>
	<icon1>/system/mmsys.cpl,0</icon1>
	<function type="normal">
		<instruction>%systemroot%\system32\control.exe /name Microsoft.Sound</instruction>
	</function>
</button>

Installation
Guide how to use / install the button https://resource.dopus.com/t/how-to-use-buttons-and-scripts-from-this-forum/3546/4

1 Like

I done this a few days ago with a menu button for Windows 11. The icons still need to be fine tuned and it takes time. Also wondering any way to embedding the icons to the shared button?

Settings button for Win11

1 Like

You could turn it into a script package. Those can include buttons and icons. The script part doesn't need to do anything, other than have an Init function that names the script.

Nice Job @darkj2k ! My request is Share your full Settings menu (Old and Modern) with us, That will save a lot's of time. Regard's

Thanks. I'll share it once done. The icons part still working in progress. There are about 150 menu icons need to be done for Windows 11 Settings.

3 Likes

wish you best of luck!!! and I'll be wait for that done!