Cache & configuration backup?

Hi there,

I had a couple of questions about backing up Dopus files:

1. I know that I can run the Backup & restore config manually, but is there a way to run that wizard from the command line in silent mode, i.e, always output to the same location, overwrite if nessecary etc.?

2. I have well over 60000 clipart+stock images that I have built thumbnail caches for. Now I'd like to avoid having to rebuild that in case of a crash. So:
    a. Does Dopus have a centralized thumbnail cache?
    b. If so, where is it?
    c. If I do a clean install of Dopus, and overwrite an empty cache folder with the backed up one, will Dopus recognize that?

Apologies if this seems a bit odd, but I've been burned by disk crashes a few times and hence am overly cautious when it comes to this stuff.

Make yourself a favor and get a real image db software.

I have thought about it, but the fact is that I don't use the collection that often - the amount of time it would talk to get the entire collection into reasonable shape within some image management software is far too much in comparision.

I'm happy being able to look at a folder name, check out the thumbnails, pick an image and continue with my original work.

Thanks for the advice though.

See the FAQ on config locations & backups:

[How to backup or locate your Opus configuration (Simple))

[quote="leo"]See the FAQ on config locations & backups:

[How to backup or locate your Opus configuration (Simple))[/quote]

Well d-oh, I guess I had better remember to read the FAQ and not just search from next time. Thank you for being patient with me leo!

When I use the wizard, it doesn't backup the Image Cache... that would be a nice option.

As a graphic designer, the image cache is a hard-earned and important part of my backup...
how exactly do I get at these files?

The thumbnail cache is under /dopuslocaldata if you really want to back it up.