Cache Opus in RAM

Is possible to caching more Opus files in ram? Mostly I mean portable version - it uses USB pendrive every time window is open and can slow down Opus a lot. Why not use ram for that? The same about "Favorites" menu - I have only one item there and it has 1 second delay before menu opens.

And caching for icons in toolbars - Opus needs more time to start if someone has lot of programs and stuff placed on floating toolbars. Why not cache them and add option to rebuild cache instead of read every icon every time system starts?

It's up to Windows how it loads and caches parts of the .exe and .dll files that make up the program.

For portable installs, there is always the dongle option which lets you copy the files to a faster medium and run them from there.

Maybe one/some of the favorites entries is/are slow to process. Check for any old entries that point to network locations that no longer exist, and so on.

Antivirus can have a big effect there, since it may scan .exe files even when a program just asks for their icons. Microsoft's antivirus, the one bundled with Windows these days, is especially, inexplicably bad in this department, and will also not remember it has already scanned a file which has not changed.

Windows itself has an icon cache, although it is not always that good.

Beyond that, you have the option of creating an icon set if you want cached icons. That will also avoid accessing the .exe/.dll files they come from entirely.

About AV - I don't use any, so it's not a reason. I replace some icons by ico files by myself for load Opus faster, but it's something that Opus should made for me - some option to create ico files instead of accessing the same exe every time Opus starts just for read icon. Made new ico file manually every time I add something from slower HDD to floating toolbar is not so convenient method.

About "Favorites" - as I said - I have only one entry there and it works without problem. Maybe option for disabling icons in "Favorites" can speed up? I don't need icons in Favorites menu and I suppose that Opus reads them (and that is reason for slowing down).

And I agree that Windows manages cache for exe and dll files, but I'm not sure it's a problem with slowing down portable version - it's more like reading all icon sets from usb drive instead caching them before. And I can't believe there is not any method to speed up usb installation by creating your own caching procedures. Many programs utilizes ram memory for speed up without relying on Windows built-in procedures. And using USB as dongle has no sense in my case - I'm using USB version only on computers of others, so copying everything on HDD and then use USB pendrive as a dongle is not an option.