Can DO 13 create a mixed list of directories & subdirectories?

For example, here is my directory structure:

dir1
subdir1
subdir2
dir2
subdir1
subdir2

What I want is a listing like this:
dir1 - subdir1
dir1 - subdir2
dir2 - subdir1
dir2 - subdir2

Get the idea? How can I do this in DO 13?

1 Like

Flat View - Mixed, along with the Location (Relative) column, will give you that.

As a recent convert to DOpus, I'd agree that flat view is not only what you are looking for, but it will completely change how you use your file explorer. I'm still discovering the bazillion or so features in DOpus, but what I find so staggering is that none of them feel like needless bloat. They are more likely to be in the camp of "how on earth did I live without that before?"...

On a different but related note, one thing to be aware of when using flat view is that files don't seem to copy into the subfolders if you use the "Copy Files" button on the toolbar. You can drag and drop (CTRL-drag to copy, not move) onto the subfolder and it will work, but if the subfolder is selected in the destination pane, then the files selected in the source pane will appear in the root folder of the flat view, not the selected subfolder.

I'm not sure if this is by design or not which is why I hadn't mentioned it during the Opus 13 beta period... At the end of the day the program didn't crash, it just didn't behave as I intuitively had expected it to.

Anyway, just something to be aware of when using flat view.

That's by design; copying goes to the destination folder, not to the folder selected in the destination.

But you have a couple of options for doing that or something similar:

• If files are copied out of a sub-dir in flat view, you have the option of re-creating that sub-dir (or dirs if it's more deeply nested) in the destination.

That's controlled via Preferences / File Operations / Copying Files / Confirmation.

• You could make a button which copies into the selected folder(s) on the destination side, if you want that. It wouldn't be specific to flat view; it would work in all situations.

It will require scripting, I think, but nothing too complex. Once some post-release stuff is finished we can help with that, if needed.

1 Like

Thanks for the information and confirmation Leo. The option for scripting sounds like the way to go. It's a great excuse to learn how it works as I've not explored this part of DOpus yet. Appreciate the tip and guidance.

1 Like

This script?

1 Like

Ah, yes. Thanks for finding that! :slight_smile:

1 Like