Display creation date stored in PDFs (not file date stamp)?

I have over 4200 PDFs in one folder. To check the original creation date, I open each PDF in a reader than go to File > Properties. Can Directory Opus snoop for that information stored in a PDF file without my having to open this manually? Having an attribute for PDF creation date display automatically in a DO column would be ideal. Perhaps a macro tool that would pull this PDF creation date when required would be easier to achieve.

That's probably the tag PDF-CreateDate, which is available through this add-in:

The built-in Document Created Date column should also work (at least if PDF software is installed that makes Windows able to populate the metadata). Based on this thread, at least:

Leo: When I edit the original file name that I download to include the author and creation date (as provided in the PDF properties), the DO Created date changes to today's date stamp. That revision does not work for me.

Are you looking at one of the General -> Created columns? Those are the wrong ones.

Or are you looking at the the Documents -> Document Created Date column? That one should not change to today's date unless it was explicitly set so.

Please also link your account.

Thanks very much, Leo. Document Created Date column works much more to my expectations. In some cases the PDF I had downloaded was created after the publication date. Variance is logical. Your expertise and experience delights me!