Can I just import settings from 11 to 12

Set up a new PC here, and wonder if I can simply import the settings from DOus 11 to DOpus 12? Will there be any problems?

Yes, it's fine to do that.

Cool. Thanks!

That was a bust. There were two things that I needed, and they were not restored. Size of DOpus , and column distances in listers. In DOpus 12 you can't do it like you did in 11. This has bugged me for years. Why make it so hard? How about having a 'lister lock' on each lister? Just imagine. One click and column width and lister windows size is locked.

There are new column sizing options in Opus 12, but old formats should still work as they did.

What are you trying to do exactly?

If you want the same column setup everywhere, it only takes a few clicks, as shown here: Folder Formats: Quick Guide

There is also a format lock already on each lister, which can prevent the format from changing. You may have your columns set to auto-size, however, in which case they will be locked to auto-sizing, not to a particular size. But you can turn off auto-size if fixed-size columns are what you want.

In Opus 11, auto-size was a single checkbox affecting all columns, but in Opus 12 you can configure it on a per-column basis, as well as several new sizing modes. (The old one-click checkbox still exists as well, but mainly to maintain compatibility with old formats imported from Opus 11.)

The video the same page links to at the bottom also includes details on the different column sizing modes you can use.

What I'm trying to do is make DOpus start with the same size window when I start it. DOpus starts up in stamp size mode. And I'm trying to make the file listers column remain the same size forever. Say, I want the "size" column to be 100px and "date" to be 200px or whatever. I want those to remain that size everywhere, whatever folder I'm in.

I'll take a look at your suggestions. Thanks.

For the window size, Opus either remembers the size of the last window that was closed, or remembers what you saved when you last used Settings > Set as Default Lister.

Preferences / Launching Opus / Default Lister / Update Default Lister automatically when closing a Lister decides which mode it is in.

(This is assuming you haven't done something custom, like configured Opus to open a particular layout instead of the default lister, or similar.)

OK. Thanks!

I just remembered there is one thing that gets reset when importing from earlier versions into Opus 12: Font sizes get resize due to the (then) new high DPI support, since otherwise font sizes would be all messed up by the change. So that may be what happened if your column sizes changed.

Aha. OK.

Seems to work now! I'll backup the settings now. :slight_smile:

Installed the newest 12.11 and rebooted. Unfortunately, when I open it now, the right lister is much bigger than the left. Well, it remembers windows size, and column spacing, but obviously not lister sizes anymore. Weird. Worked just great before update + reboot.

Is Update Default Lister automatically when closing a Lister on or off?

If it's off, resize things how you want them to be and use Settings > Set as Default Lister to save that.

If it's on, close any other windows, then resize things how you want them to be and close the last window so it is saved as the new default.

Seems that fixed it. Thanks!

I might be confused, but shouldn't it be:

If it's off, resize things how you want them to be and use Settings > Set as Default Lister to save that.

and

If it's on, close any other windows, then resize things how you want them to be and close the last window so it is saved as the new default.

Correct. I've edited the post.