Can i save lister layouts with different toolbars open

so lister 1 has no toolbars
lister 2 shows main menu and apps toolbar and so on

many thanks :slight_smile:

No, not currently.

any plans to?

Not in the very short term.

We don't generally talk about longer term plans as they tend to change anyway.

ok thx your time :slight_smile:

btw the more time i spend with dopus the amazed i am :slight_smile: one the best pieces of software ive bought :slight_smile:

[quote="gKaR"]so lister 1 has no toolbars
lister 2 shows main menu and apps toolbar and so on[/quote]

You can, however, toggle toolbars on & off, with a command like following,
which you can toggle using a shortcut:

Toolbar NAME=Toolbar2 TOGGLE STATE=top LINE=1,1

So "toolbar2" would be your own custom toolbar, for example.

Well... taking abr's bit a step further, you actually CAN do this now thanks to some creative use of the enhancements in 10.2.0.6...

However, in order to use it the way you want - you'll have to change around how you configure and maybe launch your listers. In order to have the "no toolbars" option you asked about above, you'd have to reconfigure your normal config so that NO toolbars are globally active (just turn them off by right-clicking on any toolbar, and de-select the ones that are currently enabled). This is because you can't turn off GLOBALLY enabled toolbars using the LOCAL option to the toolbar command :frowning:. So you need to make your new ~default config based on the most common toolbars you'd want enabled (in your case NONE).

From there, you could create a set of User-defined Commands (one for each type of lister you want) that you can invoke in a variety of ways. Borrowing from the example in the 10.2.0.6 change notes, you could create a User-defined Command (called Lister_PicTools) that runs something like:

Go NEW [ Go /mypictures Set VIEW=thumbnails Toolbar NAME=my.PicTools LOCAL ]
...this command would open a new lister, open the /mypictures folder in that new lister, set the view-mode to thumbnails, and open my "my.PicTools" toolbar only in the new lister window.

From here, you could obviously run that code from an Opus button, but you could also create a standard Windows shortcut that runs something like:

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Lister_PicTools

...in order to load this lister from a desktop shortcut. But you could just as easily create hotkeys, or tray icon sub-menus in addition to Opus toolbar menus and buttons... etc to launch such listers.

If you're otherwise used to using any of the "usual" Opus methods to load your 'default' lister - say, on desktop-dbl-click, tray-icon-dbl-click, or a layout on Opus startup - presumably with a set of (what are currently globally enabled) ~default toolbars... since you'd have to reconfigure your default Opus config to NOT use any toolbars to have that "no toolbars" option you asked for - you can emulate that in another User-defined Command, and just set those toolbars to be turned on locally in that command, for example - using the actual 'default' toolbars included in Opus:

Go NEW [ Go /default Toolbar NAME=Location LOCAL Toolbar NAME=Menu LOCAL Toolbar NAME=Operations LOCAL ]
...and now you've got your ~normal default lister toolbars opening when you launch Opus in any of those usual ways of launching Opus listers. You'd change the relevant 'Launching Opus' Prefs page to run the User-defined Command instead of opening the Default lister or some saved Lister layout - one of which you've probably got them set to now.

NOTE: this method will have one likely drawback... listers that are opened EXTERNALLY, say by another application trying to open a folder when Opus is set to "Replace Windows Explorer"... since you'd have to globally turn off all toolbars to get your "no toolbars" lister option, any folders opened by external apps will then open in listers that have no toolbars. In that case, I'd probably have an easy to remember hotkey that turns on your usual ~default toolbars...

Hope that makes sense...

thx abr and steje for the input. Will look through this. My first thought is id lose more than id gain at the mo considering how i currently use dopus. I only ever want one lister layout to appear with no toolbars and im using replace explorer function.