Need some help on a Dup File finder issue.
Using the duplicate file finder I came up with a list of around 5000 files selected for deletion, as expected. But when I select delete, I am getting an "OK" error dialog which reads "Cannot delete file:" and the whole delete operation aborts. Note the colon at the end of the message. I'm assuming there was supposed to be a file name listed after it but it shows nothing.
The sequence actually goes like this:[ul]
- Selected Delete from the Dup File Finder pane
- A dialog pops up:[ul]
Title: (99% Deleting)
Message: "Current file: "
status bar = 0%[/ul]
- Another dialog pops up:[ul]
Message: Preparing to Delete[/ul]
- A third dialog pops up:[ul]
Title: Error Deleting File or Folder
Message: "Cannot delete file:"[/ul]
- Select OK in the last dialog
- The 2nd and 3rd dialogs disappear, followed by the 1st dialog after a few seconds
- Back to the Lister and nothing has been deleted.[/ul]