Cannot drag from Calibre to Opus

[Split from Drag and drop not working with applications]

I have a related question. DOpus is elevated, and I am able to Drag & Drop to all programs I need, other than Calibre, which is also elevated.

Curiously, I can drag a book from Calibre to my actual desktop, but not directly into the Desktop folder in DOpus - which is what I'd rather do.

Is this possible? (I have tested, and can drag and drop into the Explorer Window.)

Thank you.

Opus shouldn't be elevated or you'll run into problems making Opus react to and interact with normal unelevated apps. (Same as Explorer shouldn't be run elevated.) Use the UAC support in Opus to do work that requires elevation.

I don't know much about Calibre but I'm surprised if e-book software that's still being updated in 2015 needs to run elevated?

[quote]and I am able to Drag & Drop to all programs I need, other than Calibre, which is also elevated.

Curiously, I can drag a book from Calibre to my actual desktop, but not directly into the Desktop folder in DOpus - which is what I'd rather do.

Is this possible? (I have tested, and can drag and drop into the Explorer Window.)[/quote]

First line is about dragging to Calibre. The others are about dragging from Calibre.

Are you able to drag from Explorer to Calibre?

Oh dear. I did muck that up.

Firstly, I always have had UAC disabled by default, but reading through your exchange with the OP above I checked the TM Virtualization column and, being unfamiliar with the terminology, thought "not allowed" must be incorrect, although I have never made any changes to DOpus or Calibre defaults, ever. So, anyway, I changed the UAC settings to get the elevated status I erroneously thought I needed.

So, now I have reversed that, and am back with UAC disabled.

Secondly, I worded my question badly as you picked up.

.. I have no issues dragging anything to OR from DOpus, other than with Calibre.
.. I regularly drag files TO Calibre from DOpus or my Desktop, that's not a problem.
.. I CAN'T drag a file FROM Calibre to an open DOpus lister.
.. I CAN drag a file FROM Calibre to anywhere in Explorer - checked for the purpose of this query.

That's what I'd like help with -- finding out how to get a file FROM Calibre into an open DOpus lister.

Hopefully I have explained that a little better now. This has always been the case between DOpus and Calibre, probably my two most used programs for years. I've only just decided to address it.

OK, probably unrelated to UAC in that case. I've split things into a separate topic to keep things organised.

Please download DebugView from Microsoft and launch it.

Back in Opus, create a folder called dragdrop-debug somewhere, and stay in the parent directory so dragdrop-debug is one of the child items in the file display.

Then drag something from Calibre over the dragdrop-debug folder. It should cause a lot of information to appear in the DebugView window. Please use File > Save As from DebugView to save it to a log file, and attach the result.

Thanks, Leo.

All righty - here it is. I hope. Never attached anything before.

Rgds
Robin
hoods_dbgview.rar (1.75 KB)

Leo, I asked a friend who has DOpus to try dragging to it from Calibre, here's his reply.

So might it be a universal Calibre/DOpus issue?

Rgds
Robin

We have a fix for this coming in the next update.

Terrific, thanks for letting me know.

Cheers