• Opus version 12.4
  • Opus version 12.33
  • Windows explorer
  • Notepad
  • Adobe Photoshop
  • Adobe Acrobat Reader
  • Intuit Turbotax
  • Mozilla Firefox

Issue occurs on both Windows 10 and Windows 11 computers.

The process used to look at the extent of the problem on other apps:
Right click on file name (in a file open dialog) > properties > Previous Versions tab
Same process on Dopus 13 gives "There are no previous versions available" in the properties box.

To check previous versions of Opus, I uninstalled Opus 13 and reinstalled Opus 12.

I know Leo responded in a related post "Opus has no control over the Properties dialog, which comes from Windows. All Opus does is ask Windows to open it.". This response does not explain why problem appears to be isolated on my computers to Dopus 13 and does not occur on Dopus 12 or other different apps from Microsoft or third parties.

Are you trying with the same file in all cases?

If you look at the main properties page (not the Previous Versions tab), does it show exactly the same info between Opus 13 and the other methods?

I looked at properties of a single file from Adobe Acrobat open file menu (via right click), Windows Explorer and Opus vers 13.2. With the exception of the last accessed time under the General tab (because I was looking at the files), all information in the General, Security and Details tabs are identical. For the Previous Versions tab, the Adobe Acrobat Reader and Windows Explorer were identical showing 93 previous versions of the file I was looking at. The Previous Versions tab for Opus vers 13.2 , the tab showed "There are no previous versions available."

If you switch Opus into Dark Mode, is the Properties dialog light or dark?

(This will tell us if it's in the main process or in a helper process.)

When Opus switched into Dark Mode, the properties box comes up in Dark Mode.

Something to try:

Go to Preferences / Miscellaneous / Shell Extensions, and select the Blocked category. In the list on the right, File History Data Source should show up as blocked by default. Click it, and then click the Allow button above the list and then click OK.

Please let us know if that makes a difference.

This change in the setting fixed the problem. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming!

It's something we blocked from adding context menu entries back in 2015, but the way we block things is more thorough now and can affect other areas.

(It doesn't seem to add any context menu entries, although we had a report of it crashing when asked if it wanted to add any, which is why we blocked it. We might change the default again and see if we get any new reports on current Windows versions.)