Can't alter file's extenstion when it's hidden

When I have "Hide file extension in filename column" enabled (DOpus folder options) I can no longer alter a file's extenstion by renaming the file.
How can I change a file's extension when I have my view set this way?
:question:

Was playing around with it and have found that if I right-click the file and go to the Properties view, I can change the extension in the file's Properties window that pops up... but this is really cumbersome.
Does anyone know any other way to do this?
It would be much easier if I could just click twice on the extension (in the Extension column) and change the extension name in exactly the same was as you can rename a file normally. :confused:

Kenneth posted this solution in another post ([How do I see file extentions?)):
"pressing Ctrl + e will allow you to edit the hidden file extension, while renaming a file from the Name column"...
but it would still be nice if I could just click the extension (in the Extension column) twice to rename it. Can this be added as a new feature pls? :stuck_out_tongue:

you can also create a button in a toolbar or context menu with these commands:

@NoDeselect Rename TYPE=files REGEXP PATTERN "(^.*)(\..*)" TO "\1.{dlgstring|Enter new filename extension}" AUTORENAME

[quote="hicario"]@NoDeselect Rename REGEXP PATTERN "(^.*)(\..*)" TO "\1.{dlgstring|Enter new filename extension}" AUTORENAME[/quote]

You could also bind this to a hotkey to make it real quick and easy. Just add it directly to your Customize - Keys list.

I would suggest this to GPSoftware on the offical support site (see blue link top right of this page).