Can't open My Documents

Hi, I have an odd problem, that when I try to open My Documents folder, it doesn't do anything, and I can't get the menu to pop up when I right click on My Documents. But, I can open My Documents from the folder tree pane, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Also, it works fine with windows explorer works fine. Thanks.

Where are you trying to open My Documents from?

It's a known issue when you try to open My Documents from the Desktop namespace. I think it's been put down to a recent Windows update - no further info at this stage though.

You can still reach the My Documents folder via the proper path to it:

"C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents"

Also, these two Opus commands still work correctly:

Open Current User's My Documents folder in current lister pane:

Go /mydocuments

Open All Users' Shared Documents folder in current lister pane:

Go /commondocuments

These raw commands can be used to create :[ul][li] A button on an Opus toolbar [/li]
[li] An item in an Opus Menu[/li]
[li] An Opus Hotkey (in Customize > Keys)[/li][/ul]You can also do things like make it open in a New Tab.

Open Current User's My Documents folder in a new folder tab of the current lister pane (or find any tab already open to this folder):

Go /mydocuments NEWTAB=findexisting

When I noticed this problem I tried system restore and it did help for a while, but my computer is set for automatic update, so I guess Windows then just reinstalled that update. I noticed that I also had problem with zip files lockated on the desktop. I hope this problem get's fixed soon, it's a bit of a nusance. Thanks

Confirmed.

@Tanis:
Is this part of the known issue, or does it need to be reported?

The problem appears to have been caused by KB921398, which was part of the recent round of Microsoft updates (security bulletin MS06-045).

We have no idea why this update affected Opus in this way, nor do we have any idea how to solve the problem at the moment. All I can suggest is use the workarounds suggested by Ken, or uninstall that update. Note that the update is only rated as "important", not "critical" - so I believe uninstalling it is a viable option, at least until we have a better solution.

I also have the same problem with .zip files - until I hear otherwise I'm assuming it's the same issue.

I'm having the same problem. Also, there is another problem I'm having since that round of Windows updates (I guess) and I've posted that here: resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

Viewer (standalone) doesnt cycle through pics on desktop with mouse wheel. I guess this is KB921398 issue too.

Nah, that's just how it works, at least at the moment, when you doulbe-click images from outside of Opus:

[Help - Next/Prev Image Not working/enabled)
[Slideshow)

[quote="jon"]The problem appears to have been caused by KB921398, which was part of the recent round of Microsoft updates (security bulletin MS06-045).

We have no idea why this update affected Opus in this way, nor do we have any idea how to solve the problem at the moment. All I can suggest is use the workarounds suggested by Ken, or uninstall that update. Note that the update is only rated as "important", not "critical" - so I believe uninstalling it is a viable option, at least until we have a better solution.[/quote]May I kindly ask if there is an update available on this issue? Many thanks!

Not as far as I know. The issue has been reported to (and acknowledged by) Microsoft - it's up to them if they do anything about it.

See tinyurl.com/ecdsc for more info.