Can't open RAR files in DO v10

I cannot open .rar files within Directory Opus v10. I know v10 supports rar files and I have winrar installed, so how do I make this work?

I get no hits when I search for "RAR" within preferences.

Thanks,
Ben

[ul][li]What happens when you try to open them?

[/li]
[li]Is RAR enabled under Preferences / Zip & Other Archives / Archive and VFS Plugins?

[/li]
[li]How are you opening the RAR file? If you were double-clicking, try using the folder tree instead.

(If you don't see archives in the tree, check under Preferences / Folder Tree / Appearance that Zip files and other archives is on.)

(If the tree works but double-clicking doesn't, there's something wrong with the filetype events. I can go into that in detail if it turns out to be the problem.)

[/li]
[li]Which version of Opus 10 is it?

(Try with the latest 10.0.2.0 if you haven't already.)

[/li]
[li]Does it affect all RAR files or only some? Does the attached RAR file work?

test.rar (80 Bytes)[/li][/ul]

Hi Leo,
My answers are in red below:

[quote="leo"][ul][li]What happens when you try to open them?

I get an error: "An error occurred reading archive...."; however, WinRAR has no problems opening this file
[/li]
[li]Is RAR enabled under Preferences / Zip & Other Archives / Archive and VFS Plugins?

yes

[/li]
[li]How are you opening the RAR file? If you were double-clicking, try using the folder tree instead.

I tried opening using the folder tree and by double clicking the file in the Lister but I get the error either way.

(If you don't see archives in the tree, check under Preferences / Folder Tree / Appearance that Zip files and other archives is on.)

(If the tree works but double-clicking doesn't, there's something wrong with the filetype events. I can go into that in detail if it turns out to be the problem.)

[/li]
[li]Which version of Opus 10 is it?

v 10.0.2.0

(Try with the latest 10.0.2.0 if you haven't already.)

[/li]
[li]Does it affect all RAR files or only some? Does the attached RAR file work?
yes, all RAR files give the error

[attachment=0]test.rar[/attachment][/li][/ul][/quote]

Does the attached 7z file open for you in Opus?

test.7z (137 Bytes)

7z and RAR both use the same plugin & 7-zip.dll to reading archives, so if neither works then the problem must be in that direction. If one works and not the other than something weird is going on.

(PS: I split Gino's unrelated question into a separate thread.)