Can't view PDF previews after today’s Foxit update

Can't view PDF previews after todays Foxit Phantom update.

That sounds like something you should report to Foxit?

Sure will report it to Foxit. But I'm sure I can recall a way of registering a pdf reader with DO. Everything I can come up with seems to be correct.

Often uninstalling and reinstalling the PDF viewer fixes glitches.

I rang Foxit and they tried Windows Explorer and all PDFs previewed perfectly. So I assume that that means the fault is with DO. :frowning:
Is there a way I can re-register Foxit as the viewer?

I rang Foxit and they tried Windows Explorer and all PDFs previewed perfectly.

Did you try Windows Explorer on your machine, or did they try it one of their own machines? I'm not sure the latter is a very useful test.

Is there a way I can re-register Foxit as the viewer?

I uninstalled Foxit and re-installed it (727 MB file!). Still won't preview.
While it was uninstalled DO used another PDF viewer which worked. No idea what it was, but how can I set DO to use it?

Go to Preferences / Viewers / Plugins, configure the ActiveX + Preview + Office + Web plugin, and you can override which PDF viewer handles the extension there.

But if FoxIt was working until they updated it, then something must’ve changed on their side to break things.

Thanks Leo, but there is no Preferences / Viewers. they are in alphabetical order and the last item is 'Updater'

There must be. Can you post a screenshot?

The asked question whether Foxit and Windows Explorer work on your machine hasn't been answered.

This is weird. The other day the last item was 'Updater', with no 'Viewer', now 'Viewer' is there with no 'Updater'.
No idea what Plugin should be there for PDFs. See screenshot.

Are you getting confused by scrollbars? The Internet / Updates option is scrolled out of view in your screenshot. (In fact, part of it is just visible at the top of your screenshot.)

Presumably the Viewer / Plugins option was scrolled out of view when you looked previously.

The information was already in my reply above:

Go to Preferences / Viewers / Plugins, configure the ActiveX + Preview + Office + Web plugin, and you can override which PDF viewer handles the extension there.

Thanks Leo. I had no idea that there was a 'Configure' button hidden.
Once I clicked on that key, viola there was the button. I unticked 'Foxit' and left 'Adobe PDF', I again had PDF previews