CCleaner Opus support

The latest CCleaner now supports Directory Opus 10 cleaning, targeting the funclog.dfl file under AppData\Roaming\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\Logs. Is this OK to leave enabled, or could it potentially cause problems?

Opus trims its own logs and the logs can also be turned off entirely, if you wish, so I'm not sure what the point of CCleaner's support for Opus is.

Maybe it'd be useful if you had Opus installed but never ran it anymore, yet didn't want to uninstall it, and wanted to reclaim a very tiny amount of space (under 800KB on my computer, woo)... but that's an odd scenario. :slight_smile:

I guess it's potentially useful if you want a one-click button to wipe privacy-related stuff from the machine without cleaning things via lots of apps manually.

(And, of course, since CCleaner is messing with other programs' files without their knowledge, and making assumptions about what to delete which may not be true with future versions, there's always the risk it will cause more problems than it solves. I would avoid using it myself, at least in cases where the programs can look after their own data.)

Thanks Leo. I did analyse the space it would recover, and it was around 45KB - so nothing at all really. I'll disable the Opus checkbox.