Change font for a single sub-directory

Hello,

How do you change the font for one particular sub-directory without changing all sub-directories?

I have a folder in which I would like to display the sub-folders using a monospaced font (eg Consolas).

After searching in the Directory Opus 12 Help file, I found my way to the following location in Preferences:

Preferences > Preference Categories > Display > Colors and Fonts > Fonts > File display

Once there, I changed the existing Font setting (Segoe UI 10 — which I assume was the original default) to Consolas 10. After clicking OK, the the right side of DOpus displayed in the new font but the Folder Tree to the left remained unchanged (which is exactly what I was after).

However, I soon discovered that the font change was present on the right side for any folder selected on the left so I obviously made a global change rather than only changing that particular directory.

Is there a way to apply the different font only to a single directory (ie the sub-folders in one specific folder) or am I stuck with what I've got?

Thanks

There's no way to do that.

Do you want a monospace font in a particular folder because the filenames there have data in columns? If so, you can create actual columns to display that data, which might solve things a different way.

Thanks for the reply Leo.

Regarding your question, I use the search utility Everything but discovered long ago that I commonly could not always remember a particular folder or file name. As a result, I devised a tag system of sorts whereby I started beginning each folder name (and filename) with a one or two character tag followed by an underscore. By doing this, I can now (regardless of whether or not I remember a particular folder/file name) perform a search using Everything simply by entering the appropriate tag followed by an underscore. The results promptly display all folders and files bearing that tag and from this, the desired file/folder can quickly be identified.

As an example, "a" is the tag for the category "Application" and "c" is the tag for the category "Computer". More specific tags include a second character as shown in the following list of folder names:

a_Applications
aa_Applications_AHK (AutoHotkey)
ad_Applications_DNS (Dragon NaturallySpeaking)
ae_Applications_Excel
aw_Applications_Word

c_Computer
cb_Backups
cf_Forums
ch_Hardware
ci_Internet
ct_Tips
cu_Utilities

I frequently find myself looking (in Directory Opus) through the full list of 80+ folder names, and a bit of testing with different fonts and spacing recently revealed that scanning through the list is much easier/quicker when all of the names are justified according to the position of the underscore. Therefore, to accomplish this I changed the font to Consolas as described above and for the single character tags, inserted a space between the character and the underscore as shown here (if you can visualize it in a monospace font):

a _Applications
aa_Applications_AHK (AutoHotkey)
ad_Applications_DNS (Dragon NaturallySpeaking)
ae_Applications_Excel
aw_Applications_Word

c _Computer
cb_Backups
cf_Forums
ch_Hardware
ci_Internet
ct_Tips
cu_Utilities

Thanks again.

You could create custom columns that might do what you what.
You can have the columns show in a specific folder.

This script will create columns using regexp. If you dont know regexp we can prob help