Change photo creation date/time for Lightroom

Never had a problem with the Description field, Leo. As a newspaperman, I would call it the Caption field, and therein, I believe is the nub of the problem with image metadata.

What I do need is somewhere to add notes to the picture that the recipients, who use Photoshop can see. And for various reasons that cannot be the Description (Caption) field. In Opus, of course, I can use the Comment field, but it cannot be seen in Photoshop.

That is why I suggested that Opus adds the ability to write to and read from the Special Instructions IPTC field - sometimes known as the Instructions field.

This field is described as:

... a simple text field that can include any of a number of instructions from the provider or creator to the receiver of the photograph. Any of the following might be included: embargoes (eg: News Magazines OUT) and other restrictions not covered by the Rights Usage Terms field (or new PLUS rights related fields); information regarding the original means of capture (scanning notes, color profile, etc.) or other specific text information the user may need for accurate reproduction; additional permissions or credits required when publishing.

It is commonly used by newspapers and magazines to carry such information which is usually archived with the image.

Generally speaking the mapping between Opus created metadata and Photoshop is first-rate. It is just that this important field is missing and I would love it if you guys could add it to the Opus metadata armoury. Even mapping the Opus comment field to the IPTC Special Instructions field would do the job.

We'll add support for the Special Instructions field in the next version.

Many Thanks