Changing DPI in Vista results in scaled GUI

I want to use a higher DPI (because I use 1600x1200 on a 19" screen) in Vista, and "wise" from XP i checked online and found this information (quoted below), so I changed the DPI and clicked off XP style DPI scaling. Which fixes problems that happened with programs that didn't handle scaling. The problem seams to be that Vista doesn't think DOpus can handle scaling itself so what it does is scale the gui using the GFXcard, which results in a slightly blurred look. Would it be possible for You to change it so that it states in the manifest that it is "DPI-aware"?

[quote]Using this DPI setting works well for all applications that are actually authored in a DPI aware fashion. Nearly all the UI in Windows itself is DPI aware, as is Microsoft Office, but mileage varies with 3rd party applications.

If you happen to be running an application that doesn't work well like this, there is an additional layer of high DPI support in Windows Vista, enabled by desktop composition that you can take advantage of. If you look in the bottom-right corner of the DPI Scaling dialog, there's a button labeled "Custom DPI". Clicking this button opens another dialog where there is a checkbox labeled "Use Windows XP style DPI scaling", and it is checked by default for sizes <=120 DPI and unchecked by default for sizes >120DPI.

Un-checking this checkbox causes Windows to use the desktop composition engine to perform DPI scaling for all applications that don't explicitly mark themselves as DPI aware via manifest. In this case, the composition engine will use your graphics hardware to scale the bitmap output of the window to a larger size, and apply an input transform to any mouse-clicks on the window to route them back to the right place in "real coordinates" for the application. The OS will also virtualize the system DPI for that application, so that it thinks it is running at 96DPI. This applies to most traditional Win32, GDI based applications.

Newer applications that are built using Windows Presentation Foundation are DPI aware by default, as WPF doesn't give the developer access to actual device pixels in the vast majority of normal cases. So new applications designed for Windows Vista will scale up using WPF's vector engine rather than simple bitmap scaling. [/quote]

Thank You in advance.

As far as I know, Opus isn't DPI-aware yet so it isn't as simple as changing a flag in the manifest.

If you want to request that Opus be made DPI-aware then you should contact GPSoftware as this is primarily a user-to-user forum.