Changing Lister Color when Admin Mode in Effect

Hi folks:

I'm looking for a way to change the color of some part of the Diropus window to denote that it's in admin mode (e.g. perhaps make the toolbar red), so that it's very obvious which lister is running in that mode. I figure I could probably make a button to set the admin mode and change the toolbar color, but I wasn't sure if there was any way to automatically change it back when the timer expired.

Thoughts?

mudtoe

If you have a button for admin mode on your toolbar then it will appear pushed-in when active. (Could turn the label on so it's bigger and easier to notice.)

Other than that, and the word "Administrator" in the titlebar, AFAIK there aren't any other visual cues for admin mode at the moment.

Yes, I've seen both of those, but they aren't all that obvious. I wanted to do something obvious so that I don't unintentionally launch a program from an elevated lister if that's not what I wanted to do. I was playing around with the commands a little bit, and found the "SET Admin on" command. If you set the time interval to 0 when you issue it (e.g. set admin on,0) then it never times out. That potentially solves my time-out issue if I can figure out how to make a toggle type button so that it behaves like the admin button that they supply, as then I can change the color back when I turn it off.

mudtoe

Set ADMIN=toggle,0

Ah... That works well. However, now I'm having trouble finding the commands that actually set the colors for the various parts of the lister, menus, and toolbars. It looks like those settings aren't implemented as commands per se. All I see are commands that will open the relevent dialog boxes that would allow you to make the changes yourself. Would I have to do something like save a lister style or configuration, and then implement a different one when going into Admin mode?

mudtoe

Only ways to change colours via commands that I can think of:

1. Have a command which sets the folder format to one saved with a different background colour, and turns on the format lock.

2. Have a command which swaps some/all toolbars for a copy with a different background colour. (But that would affect all listers, not just the admin one, and you'd have to maintain two copies of the toolbar(s) you wanted to change colour, which would be a bit of a hassle.)

The first one seems okay, but I'm not sure how best to make it toggle the colour... Hmm... Might need to use a script (e.g. VBScript) or command that can run a different Opus command depending on the current mode, but that seems kinda complicated...

The best thing might be to send a feature request to GPSoftware to get something like this added as a proper feature. Seems like a good idea to have a strong indication that the lister is in admin mode.