Changing Modified Date to Shooting Time?

Hi guys,

Is there a way in DO to automatically change the Modified or Created Date to be the same as "Shooting Time" (Date Taken) on JPEG images?

Needs to look at the file, get the Shooting Time date and copy it over to the Modified or Created Date of that file.

If not does anyone know of a 3rd party program that can do this.

Thanks.

I don't know of a way to do this with Opus unless you're willing to write a command line script that uses ExifTool, however the old and no longer supported but still available Exifer will do this. At least for the last modified timestamp. It's free and available at: http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/exifer/

It should be possible to do this in Opus using a bit of VBScript. I'll see if I can put something together later as I'm sure a few people would find it useful.

Thanks John, not quite what I was looking for, found another program, AttributeMagic this seems to work great although I think their column headings/definitions are wrong but you can work it out. Still it only does 20 items at a time and costs $25 to buy, not being tight but this software was last updated in 2005 so am not going to pay for it.

Leo, that would be great if you could;

If possible could you get it to copy the Shooting time to both the Modified and Created date/time overwriting them completely. You may want to put something in there that if there is no Shooting time then not to make changes as I have found several files without this date populated. Without sounding cheeky and ungrateful, could you get it to run on subfolders also.

Thanks,

Mark.

Here you go: [Copy Created/Modified times to/from EXIF times)

Great!

Will try later today.

Thanks Leo.