Changing the "Dos Prompt Here" inside of DOpus 8.1.0.8

I use console instead of the cmd.exe and would like to use that instead ... how can I modify the right click in a directory so that it would execute console.exe instead of cmd.exe ?

thanks! :slight_smile:

In the Customize window, go to the Context Menu Tab. Here you can edit the "Lister Context" menu. Once you "show" this menu you can edit the functions on it like any other opus toolbar.

I would imagine something like:

Console.exe {sourcepath}

would work. Although it requires that Console.exe takes command line arguments.

Based on the way the .INF file that ships with Console.exe modifies the registry, you have to use the command line args a particular way... you can't just pass the path. This seems to work in a Dopus menu button:

"C:\Program Files\Console\console.exe" -c "/k cd /d ""{s}"""

Console looks like a nifty little visual tweak for command prompt windows, but seems just a little clunky for my tastes...

[quote="steje"]Based on the way the .INF file that ships with Console.exe modifies the registry, you have to use the command line args a particular way... you can't just pass the path. This seems to work in a Dopus menu button:

"C:\Program Files\Console\console.exe" -c "/k cd /d ""{s}"""

Console looks like a nifty little visual tweak for command prompt windows, but seems just a little clunky for my tastes...[/quote]

Yes I stopped using it myself -- I'm still looking for something worthwhile and will let you all know if I find it, but this is good information to have up there so WHEN (if?) I do find it I can slap it in there :slight_smile:

what about 4NT ? anyone used it?

JohnZeman (and maybe Porc) are 4NT users... but I think John has said in another thread that he makes most of his 4NT use via scripts. I own an old copy of 4Dos, and can say that JPSoftware (Ha, Greg, you got any relatives in Maryland US?) have their act together. It's useful and powerful stuff... but I'm not sure it's simply a concole window replacement.

Steje IMHO 4NT is more than a CMD replacement, much more. Whereas CMD is loaded with bugs and inconsistencies, 4NT has very few and most of the bugs it does have are only there to be compatible with CMD syntax.

CMD only has a handful of commands and functions, so most power command line users have to resort to external utilities to do what all they want. On the other hand 4NT has hundreds of commands, functions and internal variables so it's pretty rare that I have to go elsewhere to find a tool to do what 4NT will not do.

Plus it's far easier to use in most common tasks than CMD is.

4NT works very well when a console window is launched via 4NT, it's just that I prefer to use 4NT pre-written scripts that are integrated with various Opus buttons. Between these two powerhouse programs, and a little dash of xxcopy for the truly unusual, I can do anything I want with file management. For example right now I have an Opus button launching a 4NT script that's cooking scrambled eggs and bacon in the kitchen.

Uhh, I think I went off topic there. lol

ROTFL- WOW! Can you make it tape, spackle, and paint too? Then my wife will only have ONE reason to complain when I'm sitting at the computer!

edit- and if you could make it... oh never mind... like I said elsewhere, started drinking early today :slight_smile:. Happy new year!