Check for program updates

Check for program updates can't find new version (9.5.2) now! Why?

Once a version has proven to be stable it will be promoted into a public release and, usually a few days later, will be put on the automatic update server:
FAQ: [Stable vs Beta versions, and the automatic update checker)

I was using 9.5.0 up until today, and checking for updates never told me about 9.5.1 or 9.5.2 ? It said i was up to date.

I only found out there was a newer version on another web site.

This is not good, especially as 9.5.1 fixed lots of windows 7 issues, and i use windows 7.

9.5.1 was recalled due to a bug that crashed the program for some new users.

The update checker is designed for telling more "casual" users when there's a new version.

If you're eager to get updates ASAP then subscribe to the news blog RSS feed or the announcements forum here.

[quote="corky"]I only found out there was a newer version on another web site.

This is not good, especially as 9.5.1 fixed lots of windows 7 issues, and i use windows 7.[/quote]
I also wondered about the roll out of updates when I bought DOpus. As soon as the process was explained to me and why they have this system, it made perfect sense.

The sort of person who installed 9.5.1 is also the sort of person who is registered here. Indeed, I'd guess that practically the only people who knew about it are regulars. So there is a good chance that its users will see the announcements here.

If you aren't going to watch this place – it does have an RSS feed after all, so no need for daily visits – then you might want to leave it to the update feature to keep you informed. In that way you will run less risk of installing something that gets withdrawn when the "try it out on the masochists" phase throws up problems.

ok thanks for the replies, i'm not eager to get updates, i just like to keep it up to date that's all. If that makes sense.

Anyway i'll just check on here from time to time.

Thanks again :slight_smile: