Chrome "Show in Folder" blocked by Webroot

Hello, I am using the latest version of Dopus 11 (64-bit), after recently upgrading from version 10. Now when I download a file in Google Chrome and choose "Show in Folder" (whether from the bottom toolbar or the downloads page), nothing happens. This worked fine in dopus v.10. Thanks for any help you can offer.

I've just tested with Opus 11.17 and an up-to-date Chrome and it worked here.

Make sure Opus is not running with the whole dopus.exe process elevated as administrator (unless Chrome is as well, but that would be unusual), and that you've rebooted (if prompted to) since installing the update.

Also make sure you get an Explorer window if Explorer Replacement is turned off, in case something is blocking Chrome from opening folders at all.

Thanks for the reply. No, Opus is not running elevated, nor is Chrome. I've rebooted multiple times since installing a while back. Turning off Explorer replacement does let Chrome open the folders as they should.

The Opus upgrade from 10 to 11 is really the only thing I've changed recently on my system. Thanks for your continued help.

Sometimes disabling & re-enabling Explorer replacement can solve things if registry settings have been modified by something else.

Reinstalling the current version of Opus over the top of itself is also worth a try, in case the issue is a DLL that has become unregistered or similar.

Anti-virus or firewall tools may be blocking Chrome from talking to Opus (and web browsers from talking to anything other than File Explorer in general, perhaps). Disabling them is worth a try.

The TestExplorerReplacement.zip archive in Re: Visual Studio + Open Folder in File Explorer can be used to check if the API Chrome uses is working in general, which will tell you if the problem is specific to Chrome (which would make an antivirus/firewall tool the most likely cause) or general to all software (which leaves things more open-ended).

Thanks for continued help. Disabled my A/V (Webroot SecureAnywhere) and function worked fine. I opened a case with them, as there is no indication in their logs or settings that something is being blocked. This didn't happen with dopus v10.x. Not sure if it's something you want to work with them on directly, as I'm sure I'm not the only person who will encounter this issue. Thanks for the great software and support.

Craig

Any word from webroot about this problem?