Citrix Server

Please could someone advise me whether Opus Directory would work over a Citrix link.
We currently each have Opus Directory installed on our PCs and use it to view files over a local network.
We are planning to upgrade our system to use a remote Citrix Desktop link to a server located with an external IT provider. (i.e. a shared server with other users using that server.)
I hope I am explaining properly, but the scenario is that we, the users, on dumb terminals, would connect to a remote Citrix Desktop on our IT provider's server to access our files.
This server would run Windows 2019 Standard operating software and have many users all connected to it via a Citrix sessions from their remote computers over the internet.
The Opus software would also be installed on that remote, shared Citrix Server and each user would have access to it (or probably it would be restricted to specific users).
We would then use the Opus software to view, move and work on our files/documents on the remote, shared Citrix Server.
Please could someone confirm:
(1) whether the Opus Directory software would install and function correctly on a shared Citrix server in this setup.
(2) whether there would there be a different licencing structure for the new arrangement?
(3) advise what would be different - eg could individual users still modify their profiles etc.
Thanks in advance
Regards
Guern

(1) whether the Opus Directory software would install and function correctly on a shared Citrix server in this setup.

There shouldn't be any issues there.

(2) whether there would there be a different licencing structure for the new arrangement?

You'd most likely need a multi-user licence for that (as opposed to several individual licences), but that may already be what you have. Please contact sales@ with details and they should be able to look up your current licence and tell you if you need to change anything.

(3) advise what would be different - eg could individual users still modify their profiles etc.

They would normally be able to, as long as Citrix is set up to save their profiles and not reset them each time they log in. It's more up to how the Citrix environment is set up than down to Opus (although you can override it by switching Opus to shared config mode if you don't want users to have individual configs).

Thank you Leo
You are always most helpful.
Best
Guern

2 Likes