Clear EXIF metadata from images

You can edit posts in other areas of the forum so you might be thinking of that.

I don't know if the uncleared-fields affects all JPGs or if there's something specific to the JPG(s) that you're seeing it with, but it might be worth uploading one of the original JPGs so we can take a look at it.

Ok, here you are - the uploads did not run through settattr yet.
There's one additional image which does not react on "setattr meta *" at all (exif data seem untouched).

(Edit: Moved big images into a zip attachment.)
Clear EXIF metadata from images.zip (3.24 MB)

Thanks to jon for pointing me to this thread.
I can confirm tbone's findings as well, in my post here:

tbone, thanks for taking the effort and posting screenshots as well.

So as of now,
for specialized needs of stripping all metadata (for web use, reduced size ...etc), use an external tool
for general use and resetting basic metadata, use SetAttr META *

@tbone: weird... and confirmed about what happens with each of the images you uploaded. Oddly, the image where ~some fields but not all are cleared seems to have an even stranger issue - the Contrast and Flash fields seem to be getting "modified" as opposed to just not cleared? Contrast from Soft -> Normal, and Flash from No, compulsory -> No flash. Strange...

Yep.. strange indeed.. o)

I originally only wanted to remove personal information from the image. I believe the Dopus command does this.
However it is good to know another method that will remove all of the info from the image, I might change to using that to be sure the files are clean.

Thanks for input

I've done some investigation and the P1140932_fil.jpg file which doesn't get cleared has its Flash attribute tagged in what is (AFAIK) an unusual (but valid) way, and that's confusing Opus and making it cancel changing the file.

I don't know if it's an easy fix or not yet, or when we'll fix it, but I thought it was worth updating the thread with the info so far.

Thanks for looking into it and letting us know.. o)