Closing ANY application causes DO to delay responding

To Tech Support and The Opus Community: Kindly request your help.
I'm running Directory Opus v11.6.1 on a Windows Enterprise 8.1 64 bit. I deal daily with 100's of files per day (PDFs, Doc, XLS, Indd, AI, you name it.) As soon as I exit ANY application / program that I open and then close, Directory Opus becomes unresponsive for about 20 to 25 seconds (actually timed it several times with a stopwatch.) It's one of the most irritating behavior I have ever seem. My system is a i7 CPU @ 3.80GHz, 64 Bit 16GB RAM, a few 2TB drives with a 64GB SSD mSATA drive for Windows cache built into the Motherboard; which should give me a decent performance.
I have disabled EVERY startup entry; I have disable every program I can think off (including Symantec Endpoint Protection) I did a clean install a week ago, I have checked CPU performance in Task Manager, I have tweak every possible option I can think off and still can't find the culprit.

I decided to try another file manager. So, yesterday, I researched for a few hours the best File Managers around. Obviously, D.O. always comes on top as number one; so I opted to purchase the second best (GASP!) it's called XYplorer v14.40. I used it all day, and it does not exhibit this delaying behavior that I am currently experiencing with D.O.; but I hate the quirkiness of XYplorer. Mind you, it's a great program, BUT IT IS NOT Directory Opus!!!
I then uninstalled both D.O. and XYplorer (and cleaned my Registry thoroughly,) and kept only that horrible abomination called WINDOWS EXPLORER; and it also works fine. I then re-installed XYplorer, and that also worked with no problem. Then I re-installed D.O., and this annoying behavior came back. I am a Systems Architect (active since 1978,) and on behalf of D.O., I must say that it is one of the best written programs I have ever seen.
If anyone can shed some light in this issue, I would sincerely appreciated. Best regards, to all!

What other software is installed on the machine?

Opus does not track other programs opening and closing, so this is most likely caused by a third piece of software which hooks into every program and is going wrong inside of Opus in some way. (Opus uses a lot of different UI threads, so poorly written tools that hook and modify UI behaviour in other programs may trip up inside it where they don't in other programs, perhaps.)

You can also use Task Manager (from the Details tab) to create a dump file of dopus.exe when it's in this "locked" state - if you zip that and put it online somewhere (or email it to leo@gpsoft.com.au) we may be able to use that to determine where the lock up is.

LEO! Thanks a lot. you always step up to the plate. I will create the dump file and make sure you get it somehow. Again, thanks for looking into this.
Best regards!
RM

Leo, as you requested, I uploaded the dump file to the web. I sent you a link to your email so you can download it from there. It's a RAR file in two parts, no password.
Dump file taken from Windows 8.1 Task Manager by right-clicking in dopus.exe and chosing Dump from context menu.

As always, Leo, thank for your devoted support to this product.

Best regards,

RM

Thanks for sending the DMP file!

I couldn't see anything definitive in it, but it does give us a list of the 3rd party components loaded into Opus on your system, which are the things worth going to ShellExView to disable and see if (after a reboot) it helps.

It also showed that .Net is being loaded into the Opus process (probably via the Box shell extension), which is a red flag. Shell extensions should not load .Net into other processes, as per Microsoft's rules, but this could be harmless in reality and the problem may still be elsewhere.