Closing the active tab in the destination pane

I tried to create a command to close the active tab in the destination pane.

Unfortunately this one doesn't work as expected ...

Go TABCLOSE OPENINDUAL

Do the docs say openindual works when closing tabs? I'm not at my computer to double-check but I think openindual is only for opening tabs. (Apologies if I am wrong.)

Try this instead:

Set source=toggle
Go tabclose

To be honest I was in front of a portable edition without helpfile installed. But I have had in mind that OPENINDUAL works for other commands (e.g. Go UP) also. But it's not mentioned in the help for TABCLOSE (I just had a look).

After I figured out that "Go TABCLOSE OPENINDUAL" doesn't have any effect I tried the following ...

Set source=toggle
Go TABCLOSE
Set source=toggle

... but unfortunately the tab of the source pane is closed (as if the toggle command isn't there).

Since there isn't a "CLOSEINDUAL" argument there is no obvious solutions anymore.

Here you go:

dopusrt /acmd Set SOURCE=Toggle dopusrt /acmd Go TABCLOSE dopusrt /acmd Set SOURCE=Toggle

Or just click the close button on the tab.

:slight_smile:

It's part of an automatism that depends on a script that needs to create and close a destination tab to work accordingly.

Are there any chances to make the DOpus internal solution working in one of the next betas?

Set source=toggle
Go TABCLOSE
Set source=toggle

If you're automating something that requires opening and closing tabs, there is probably a better way to do whatever you are doing.

It's part of creating and maintaining virtual file collections. One of these collections is something like a virtual basket having a certain name (e.g. "scratch") to collect several files for later processing (e.g. mailing, packing, etc.). This "scratch" collection resides in the destination pane most times. Thus I have shortcuts to show, clear and clear+close this collection (which tab resides in the destination pane).

Since I often have reusable collections with temporary files that needs to be cleared and closed it would be convenient for me to have a shortcut for that.

That's only one of my simplest use-cases for such a command.

There's no need to mess around with tabs, or show the collection in a window at all, just to modify a collection.

See the Scrap Collection toolbar for examples.

[quote="leo"]There's no need to mess around with tabs, or show the collection in a window at all, just to modify a collection.

See the Scrap Collection toolbar for examples.[/quote]

Yes, thanks for the hint.

But I need the collection on the screen (in the destination pane) when collecting files (in the source pane) since the collection is created incrementally/manually.

However, your solution based on dopusrt.exe works fine for me. Thanks again for the quick answer.

We've added Go TABCLOSE=dest and some related commands to the forthcoming update.