Closing the find window from a button

I have constructed a button which will show me all the documents I have worked on in the last week.

It does this by running a find command on a named filter that excludes temp file, backups, and similar rubbish. The output is sent to a file collection in a new tab in the current window.

<xml>
<button>
	<guid>{BE7CE4E8-DF7A-4E6D-AFA1-6C09B310BFA2}</guid>
	<label>Recent Fles</label>
	<tip>Finds files worked on in last week</tip>
	<icon1>214</icon1>
	<function>
		<instruction>Go "Coll://Files recently worked on" NEWTAB </instruction>
		<instruction>Find Filter="recent files" In="D:\andrew" Name="recent files" Collname="Files recently worked on" CLEAR  </instruction>
		<instruction>Close </instruction>
	</function>
</button>

This works. But I am left with a find window inthe background, which I have to close manually, even after the "close" command. Is there any way around this problem? I just can't work out how to close one of several D Opus windows, which is what the problem seems to be in its most general form.

I do not believe there is currently any way to close the Find Window through a raw command. Depending on the options used, the Close command can only close: The current lister, all listers, the Opus application, or shutdown the system.

There is a way to toggle the Find Utility Panel on and off, but this is of no help in this case, since the Find automates the Find Window, not the Find Utility Panel.

Ouch. that's pretty much the conclusion I had reached.

What I was hoping for was a way to switch focus to the find window, so that I could then close it from the inside, so to speak. But it looks as if that doesn't exist either.

I have summitted a feature request for this. Nice to know I'm not the only one that would like to close the “Find” dialog window.

[url]How to close the FIND dialog from a button]