Code to correct time stamps of images?

Is there a way to correct the time stamps of images (or any other items)? Quite often the camera´s clock is off by a few minutes,
so all images would need a correction of, for example, "plus 3 minutes" of their individual time (or negative values, in some cases).

See here: File Operations / Editing Metadata / Picture Properties / Time Shifting.

Thanks, that´s looking good. So the correction in my example would be +0:03?
Is it also possible to enter the value in a {dlgstring}, like "-0:03"?

Please make some real examples for help pages like that. If i enter "time shift +0:03"
into a command line all i get is a error message. So i have no idea, where to put this command or
how to modify it in order to work. :frowning:

The same happens with SetAttr META time-shift +0:03.

"time-shift" isn't a keyword, it's just an place-holder that indicates where to put a string to indicate a time-shift.

If you want to add three minutes to the date-taken field, the command would be SetAttr META "datetaken:+0:3".

[quote="abr"]Please make some real examples for help pages like that. If i enter "time shift +0:03"
into a command line all i get is a error message. So i have no idea, where to put this command or
how to modify it in order to work. :frowning:[/quote]

That page isn't about commands, it's about the metadata panel.

The pages on editing metadata via commands have examples:

General intro page: gpsoft.com.au/help/opus10/defaul ... tadata.htm
This is the page you want: gpsoft.com.au/help/opus10/defaul ... r_META.htm

(See Jon's reply just above mine for an example, too.)

Yes, it works now, thank you both. I still think, it wouldn´t hurt in some not-so-obvioius cases
to add some actual example. :thumbsup: :wink:

There are examples if you look in the right place.

I will try! :slight_smile:

[quote="jon"]"time-shift" isn't a keyword, it's just an place-holder that indicates where to put a string to indicate a time-shift.

If you want to add three minutes to the date-taken field, the command would be SetAttr META "datetaken:+0:3".[/quote]

I don´t know, if it´s broken in the current version (i think i had tested both back then & they both worked), but, for example, SetAttr META "datetaken:-0:3" doesn´t subtract 3 minutes,
but adds them instead. Is the command maybe wrong for the negative values? :confused:

Looks like negatives don't work if the number of hours is zero. I doubt it's a new bug, just nobody noticed it until now.

Try this as a workaround, for now:

SetAttr META datetaken:+1:00
SetAttr META datetaken:-1:03

Yep, that worked, thanks.

You can also use this for the moment:

SetAttr META datetaken:-0:-3