Color, theme

I really like this program, but unless I can get the colours to look right, it would be too frustrating to use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are my questions:
How would I make Opus Directory use the Windows system colours?
(this setting seems to only exist for the top toolbars and menus)

Can the font style/size as well as background colour be changed?
(so far, I’ve only been able to change font colours).

Would I have to use themes or can I change these settings manually?

... if the only way to make these changes is with themes, then how would go about creating my own theme?

thanks

What colors do you actually want to change?

Almost all colours and fonts can be configured through Preferences -> Display -> Colors & Fonts

A theme is just a bundle of preferences settings and images/sounds. Anything that can be changed (and that's most things) is changed through Prefs.

PS: It's Directory Opus, not Opus Directory.

[quote]
jon wrote:
What colors do you actually want to change?

Almost all colours and fonts can be configured through Preferences -> Display -> Colors & Fonts

A theme is just a bundle of preferences settings and images/sounds. Anything that can be changed (and that's most things) is changed through Prefs.

PS: It's Directory Opus, not Opus Directory.[/quote]

The settings weren't clear at first - but once i figured out the "transparent option" in the field colours and the the "file display background colour" setting, everything looks great.

i still wouldn't mind knowing how to create themes though. or at least, which config files do i need to save in order to preserve the appreance of the program?

Just run the Lister Themes command (should be in the default menu and/or tray-icon menu -- not sure which since I've moved my commands around) and click on the Save tab.