Colouring folder icons in the folder tree?

Hi, recently discovered & bought DOpus! What a program!

Is it possible to change the colour of the folder icons (or even the icons themselves) in the folder tree? There seem to be some limited customisation options within Explorer itself, but nothing that will do what I want. I've had a good look through the Dopus help, and in this forum, but can only find Lister customisations.

(Background for why I want to do this: I process files within various folders; I want some visual status indicator saying "this folder has been processed; this other folder has not).

Yes, I could put text files into each folder saying what I've done, but I want something a bit more visual and obvious. It wouldn't matter if the colouring wasn't picked up in the Lister, as long as the colouring was visible in the folder tree.

There is no easy way of changing folder colors right from Opus, regarding the folder icon itself, except the standard routine (-> properties etc.), but you can easily set colors for the folder names by using Properties SETCOLOR=, what should meet your requirements. The colored folder names will appear in the folder tree.

You can define colors in -> options -> preferences -> display -> colors & fonts. You can use the "new" item there to create & set colors. You can set up shortcuts for quick changing of folder colors. See also this thread concerning setting folder colors via context menu:

[Set File & Folder Colors/Labels via Context Menu)

Thank you! This is exactly what I'm after!

...Who needs an operating system when there's Dopus?? :slight_smile:

You an also set the folder colours through the context menu.
See this link:
[Set File & Folder Colors/Labels via Context Menu)

[quote="desiree101"]You an also set the folder colours through the context menu.
See this link:
[Set File & Folder Colors/Labels via Context Menu)[/quote]

Oops, sorry I just repeated what 'abr' said without reading it properly! I was very excited as I just discovered that thread myself a couple of days ago! :smiley: