Column drag issue

On Win7 here, A rapid column click and drag picks up the wrong column, and offsets it from the mouse cursor:

Drop drops the correct column.

Workaround: click and drag slowly.

Does the same not happen in other programs? It's the standard Windows list header control.

Not that I have ever seen.

I had to try hard to make it happen at all, but I've now seen it in both Explorer and Opus.

(Only the drag-offset part seems to happen with visual styles enabled, while I saw the incorrectly indented header when in Win95-style "classic" mode.)

Seems like a Windows issue, and a very minor one (unless the machine is running really slowly and takes a long time to respond to the click, perhaps).

Clicking near the left edge of a heading and fast dragging left does it almost every time here.

Explorer does not show it here. Nor can I see how it could. Explorer does not show that ghost heading. The drag operates on the heading directly.

The drag offset part happens in Explorer.

Anyway, the header control is part of Windows and there's nothing we can do to change how it behaves when columns are dragged, except by writing our own header control, which we don't want to do for something minor, easily avoided, and where the worst of the two issues is only seen when Windows is set to look like Win95.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

[quote="leo"]... where the worst of the two issues is only seen when Windows is set to look like Win95.

I guess you're referring to Windows Classic theme. However, the issue shows equally on Windows 7 theme:

Also note: that "worst of the two issues" "incorrectly indented header" is not an issue. Indentation is actually on the correct header.

OK, fair enough. Thanks again.

[Whoops, markup coding error - please ignore that previous]

Ah, I see. Thanks.

I guess you're referring to Windows Classic theme. However, the issue shows equally on Windows 7 theme:

Also note: that "worst of the two issues" "incorrectly indented header" is not an issue. Indentation is actually on the correct header.

OK, fair enough. Thanks again.