Command editor helper drop-down items can be added unintentionally upon opening of menu

For the most part the menus will appear directly above or below the helper drop-down buttons, this depends on the y coords of the command editor window.

p12

Within the transition of the two menu positions above is a third position. Directly over a button.

p3

This third position of the menu can cause unintentional adding of a menu item into the command editor. For this to occur also depends on the following 2 settings...

Directory Opus Colors / Toolbars / Menus / Use visual styles
Directory Opus Colors / Toolbars / Office-style / Use legacy Office-style toolbars

Combinations of settings and outcome.
Menus visual styles
Office-style
Unintentional adds (results) :-1:

Menus visual styles
Office-style
Unintentional adds (results) :+1:

Menus visual styles
Office-style

Menus visual styles
Office-style

Edit: If mouse button is pressed and held there will never be any accidental clicking of menu items.

@yonder I remember reporting this problem during the first closed betas period. I certainly had not discovered the role of menu styles in it. Thanks for figuring it out!

To reproduce the problem, in addition to the settings you mention in the menus, the window must be close enough to the bottom of the screen to force the menu to appear at the top.

I haven't been able to reproduce this - it may depend on your monitor size. But it's incorrect for those color settings to affect that particular menu anyway, so we'll fix that and maybe it'll fix the other problem too.

1 Like

That fixed it! (13.0.46 beta)

1 Like