Command for toggling QUEUE?

Hi everyone,

I'm playing around with the queueing feature and I love it.
However, I don't always agree with the automatical management of queues and I would like to be able to turn it on and off.
I found the copy options in the preferences, of course - but is there a way of switching queueing on and off via a command?

I know there's the "shift" paramter which would be perfect - but I already use the shift key as a modifier for many of my copy/move commands, so that doesn't help me. What I would like to do is set up a button/shortcut that simply toggles between QUEUE=MyQueue and QUEUE=none for all copy/move operations.

Is that possible?

Thanks a lot!
MartO

Don't think so... seems like you're going to want to make a feature request for an extension to the raw commands to do this - maybe something like:

Set COPYQUEUE/K on,off,toggle

[quote="steje"]Don't think so... seems like you're going to want to make a feature request for an extension to the raw commands to do this - maybe something like:

Set COPYQUEUE/K on,off,toggle

I just did - thanks, steje!
MartO

Couldn't you turn off automatic queueing and then have a special copy button which always queues for when you want that?

In other words, instead of having a Copy button and a Toggle-Queue-Mode button, you have a Copy-NoQueue button and a Copy-Queue button. Same number of buttons, but no need to keep toggling between two modes (and, more importantly, you can do it right now :slight_smile: ).

You can also make it so that holding a key down makes the normal copy buttons queue. It doesn't have to be the shift key, by the way.

[quote="leo"]Couldn't you turn off automatic queueing and then have a special copy button which always queues for when you want that?

In other words, instead of having a Copy button and a Toggle-Queue-Mode button, you have a Copy-NoQueue button and a Copy-Queue button. Same number of buttons, but no need to keep toggling between two modes[/quote]

Well, in my case it's not a matter of one button; I copy/move in a lot of ways. I have shortcuts for copying from source to destination listers, copying one folder level up, I use Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V, I use the mouse, there's folder syncing... That's why I'm looking for something more general.

:laughing: Obviously, a big plus...
And I'm already thinking about a temporary solution like that...

It doesn't? :astonished: Oh - I'll have to look into that!

Thanks a lot!
MartO

FWIW, I think you could modify all of those things so that they have versions (either triggered by a key being held down, or an alternative button/hotkey, as desired) which force queueing on or off.

I expect we use queueing quite differently but, for me personally, I find it less complicated to just have a couple of ways to copy with queueing forced on/off, and to use those in the (for me) exceptional cases where I don't want my default settings to be used.

For example, while I might have a Copy To Parent button to save a few clicks on a common task, it's rare that I'd want to copy to the parent with queueing forced on/off, and in those rare cases I don't mind having to open the parent folder in the other file display (two mouse clicks) in order to use my generic Copy To Destination With Forced Queueing button. It wouldn't save me any mouse clicks to instead toggle a global 'forced queuing mode' before and after running the Copy To Parent button. And if I set up a one-click Copy To Parent With Forced Queueing button, I'd probably forget it was there and do things the other way, because I would use it so rarely.

Presumably what's rare for me is very common for you, which is fair enough.

It doesn't? :astonished: Oh - I'll have to look into that![/quote]
Have a look at @keydown in the Command Modifier Reference.

(But for filetype double-click or drag-&-drop events, use the separate events for each key, rather than @keydown. And for hotkeys, define an additional hotkey instead of using @keydown, since holding down different keys means the original hotkey won't be run at all (of course!).)