Command-line Zip & Rar problem

Okay so what I want here is a menu item for all compressed files (I've set up a file group), that gives me the option to unrar here, or to a folder.

I've gotten it all setup with unrar.exe

runmode hide "C:\Program Files\WinRAR\App\WinRAR\UnRAR.exe" /cmd x -ad "%1"

This works all well with .rar files,
my issue now is with other formats, such as .zip

It won't extract those. Is there any switch that I've missed in the unrar process?

[code]Usage: unrar -<switch 1> - <files...>
<@listfiles...> <path_to_extract>

e Extract files to current directory l[t,b] List archive [technical, bare] p Print file to stdout t Test archive files v[t,b] Verbosely list archive [technical,bare] x Extract files with full path - Stop switches scanning ac Clear Archive attribute after compression or extraction ad Append archive name to destination path ai Ignore file attributes ap Set path inside archive av- Disable authenticity verification check c- Disable comments show cfg- Disable read configuration cl Convert names to lower case cu Convert names to upper case dh Open shared files ep Exclude paths from names ep3 Expand paths to full including the drive letter f Freshen files id[c,d,p,q] Disable messages ierr Send all messages to stderr inul Disable all messages ioff Turn PC off after completing an operation kb Keep broken extracted files n Include only specified file n@ Read file names to include from stdin n@ Include files listed in specified list file o[+|-] Set the overwrite mode oc Set NTFS Compressed attribute or Rename files automatically ow Save or restore file owner and group p[password] Set password p- Do not query password r Recurse subdirectories ri

[:] Set priority (0-default,1-min..15-max) and sleep time in ms sl Process files with size less than specified sm Process files with size more than specified ta Process files modified after in YYYYMMDDHHMMSS format tb Process files modified before in YYYYMMDDHHMMSS format tn Process files newer than to Process files older than ts[N] Save or restore file time (modification, creation, access) u Update files v List all volumes ver[n] File version control vp Pause before each volume x Exclude specified file x@ Read file names to exclude from stdin x@ Exclude files listed in specified list file y Assume Yes on all queries[/code]

I don't think that "/cmd" belongs in the UnRAR command-line.

There are a load of example WinRAR buttons here:

[WinRAR Compress/Decompress Buttons (and other))

Note that Opus has built-in unrar and unzip support as well. A button which runs Copy EXTRACT=sub HERE will do what you want for those two file formats.

I'm not sure that UnRAR.exe handles anything other than RAR files, either.

I think you're better off using WinRAR.exe, not UnRAR.exe, if you want to use WinRAR to unpack things. I'm not an expert on the WinRAR tools, though; you might get a better/more definitive answer by asking at the website for WinRAR.

Thanks for those tips!
I didn't know the Opus built-in could unrar. That worked the best for me.

I created 2 buttons:

//Unrar and Unzip everything to this folder
Copy EXTRACT HERE

//Unrar and Unzip everything to a folder with the name of the compressed file to this folder
Copy EXTRACT=sub HERE

1 Like