Command: PasteToFolders (paste clipboard into multiple folders)

PasteToFolders - a simple command to paste items from the clipboard to multiple selected folders at once.

:rotating_light: Please notice:

The functionality of this script command has been moved into ClipboardEx, an add-in that collects clipboard related functionality.
This command is obsolete from now on and won't be updated any longer.

Find ClipboardEx here: Command: ClipboardEx (clipboard related functions)

Usage:
Copy a text snippet containing filesystem paths or put files and folders into the clipboard.
Select the folders the data in the clipboard shall be copied to and run the command from a button or commandline e.g.

Installation:
To install the command, download the *.js.txt file below and drag it to Preferences / Toolbars / Scripts.
After that the command shall be ready to use in buttons, scripts and externally from dopusrt.exe of course.

cya,
tbone

Download as Script-Command:
Command.Item_PasteToFolders.js.txt (7.65 KB)
Download as Button or UserCommand:
The user-command, in contrast to the script-command, does not support updating/about/visiting this thread etc.
PasteToFolders.txt (2.4 KB)

I added a user-command version of this script-command, so you're spoilt for choice. o)

Hi tbone,

Thanks a lot for providing this. Could you please elaborate on how to get the script to work?

When I try to run the script or the TXT version, I get the following error "Command.Item: PasteToFolders: 'DOpus.Create' is null or not an object (0x800a138f)".

Thanks a lot for any further help.

That looks like you need to update DO to some more recent version. o)

Hi again tbone,

Thanks a lot for the quick response. I updated from 11.6 to 11.10 and now the command works great.

Thanks again.

Please notice:

The functionality of this script command has been moved into ClipboardEx, an add-in that collects clipboard related functionality.
This command is obsolete from now on and won't be updated any longer. Find ClipboardEx here: Command: ClipboardEx (clipboard related functions)