Command to give viewer pane focus?

Hello,
very often I need to toggle between the File Display (Main File Pane) and the Viewer Pane.
For example, there might be list of text files that contain certain search words, and I might often want to focus the text pane to search for those words within the text.

There seems to be no way to focus the view pane with a hotkey. However, if I enable Meta Pane (which I don't need), I can (in a cumbersome but still acceptable way) achieve that by setting a hotkey to...

Set FOCUS=metapane

... and then shift-tab to the View Pane. (With Find Bar active, there is no way to use Tab to get to the Viewer Pane in an acceptable way).

Would it please be possible to add:
Set FOCUS=viewpane?

Also I would like to mention that in help, it says that ...

Set FOCUS=left

... is supposed to focus the left file display in (I am quoting) "dual pane" setups. However, as far as I can see there is no Set FOCUS command that has the purpose to simply focus the File Display (in Single Display mode), and FOCUS=left actually does exactly that. In that sense it might be easier to understand the help file if you wrote that "=left" actually also pertains to the single display.

(edit: typo)

I don't think there is a command to give the viewer pane focus at the moment. We'll add it to the to-do list. (It will only work for some viewers, of course, as some never take focus in the viewer pane even when clicked on.)

If there's only one file display in a window then it's the left/top one by definition. The right/bottom file display (if any) is always the second file display. That convention is used throughout the commands and arguments.

1 Like

Thank you very much for all your help and replies.

Not to nag, just to express hopefulness -- any chance this feature is moving up on the to do list. I suspect it is not an easy thing to achieve, and I get that it may not work for all, which could of course increase the number of posts like this. --Chris

v13 :slight_smile:

Set FOCUS=viewpane

1 Like

Oh wow, THANK YOU, DOPUS TEAM!