Compare two files

Hi guys,

I have a task where I need to compare two files. I thought Opus had a built-in compare tool but seemingly not, and as Leo has mentioned BC3 once or twice, I would say definitely not.

Anyway, I need a tool to complete this task but ideally I don't want to purchase BC3, I want a freebie. I know I can compare the files in Excel but it's not a simple one click process... I want to simplify things.

So can anyone recommend a decent free compare tool which integrates with Opus?

Regards

Blueroly

I forgot to mention that I am using a portable version of Opus and need a tool that I can install on my memory stick.

WinMerge is a good, free diff tool.

(I don't know what it's like as a portable install as I've never tried it with one and they were uncommon back when I last used it.)

Thanks Leo, I will try it out when I get home as it's blocked here at work. Seems like there is portable version available as well but PortableApps is blocked as well.

The excellent Beyond Compare can be installed as a portable application and run from a stick.

Regards, AB

[quote="aussieboykie"]The excellent Beyond Compare can be installed as a portable application and run from a stick.

Regards, AB[/quote]
Thanks AB, that's good to know. Do you know if the trial version will allow me to install the portable copy?

I've since tested WinMerge which works well for this particular exercise but I'll consider BC in future if the task becomes more regular.