Compare two folders

I don't be able to see the compare folder/archives function .

How can I do that ?

It's possible to do a virtual synchronization ?

It's possible to compare a filtered folder with another ?

I have observed that the size of the filtered folder is incorrect, because the excluded elements continue to be considered to evaluate the size. How can I exclude the filtered files and subfolders for calculating the size of the filtered folder ?

Best Regards

1 Like

[quote]I don't be able to see the compare folder/archives function .
How can I do that ?[/quote]

How did you try it? There is a synchronize function under »tools«. Currently you can only compare folders with contents of ZIP folders (maybe RAR, too), using the synchronize tool.

Check out the three sections in the manual, »Selected bytes/file bytes/folder bytes«. Those are the parameters that define the values in the status bar. If you only select the filtered
items, you should get the size of those, not the filtered ones.

Okis.

I will take a look to the manual.

Best Regards

I see all the options of synchronize as real movement.
I don't see how compare without make changes betweens the folders to compare.

Or

before synchronize the program warns you ?

1 Like

If you use the 2-way sync, there should be arrows indicating the scheduled sync action, showing you the details. See also page 156 in the manual (»Synchronize)« . Also, you maybe want to check the options »Only compare existing files« & »Hide unaffected files«.

okis abr
I must see the manual.

Best Regards

The program is the most complete I have ever seen.
I am trying to compare applying a filter, but when I select a subfolder to filter I am not able to see how propose the subfolder to exclude from the compare function.
If I select a subfolder (subcarpeta in spanish) I can't select then the name of the subfolder ?

See the FAQ: How to filter items by location or sub-folder

[quote="Esgrimidor"]I see all the options of synchronize as real movement.
I don't see how compare without make changes betweens the folders to compare.

Or

before synchronize the program warns you ?[/quote]

I normally do one way copy. It shows a list of what needs to be copied. I'd have to click a Synchronize button to do the actual copying. I suppose that's what it would do. I don't think I've ever done it since I'm usually just wanting to verify that the contents of two folders are the same.

I mention that I use one way copy because abr mentions 2-way sync which I don't think I've ever used, but apparently they both warn before actually copying.

Nice program indeed.
:stuck_out_tongue: