Configuration questions

I've been using Opus for a couple of months, but I have to ask a couple of newbie questions. The answers are hard to find (IMO) in the documentation. I mean, try searching for "mouse"! :smiley:

1. Several weeks ago, after much searching, I figured out how to change drag-and-drop with the right mouse button to move rather than copy files on the same drive. Now I can't figure out how to undo it. Where is the mouse button configuration? (I don't want to use power mode.)

2. I prefer to not display hidden files. I downloaded an add-in that makes it easy to hide or display hidden files, but I'd like to configure Opus to hide them by default. How can I do that? At the moment it seems to be random.

A general question: Is it possible to be alerted by email rather than Inbox when a response is posted in this forum? (I confess I did not search for an answer to this question.)

Thanks!

1. You probably need to got o the Opus Filetypes editor, open the All files and folders type and, on the Events tab, change drop back to Copy MOVEWHENSAME intead of Copy MOVE.

2. There's a checkbox in Preferneces, Folders, Options, Hide protected operating system files which will cause files with both the Hidden and System bits set to be hidden.

If you want to hide all Hidden files, regardless of the System bit, then you should go to the Folder Formats tab and make sure that every format which overrides the Filters tab includes the Hidden flag in the Hide Filter section.

1. Click Edit Account on the left of this page and change the Notification Method to email.