Configure folder view and sorting for each Lister?

Hello.

I just upgraded my Dopus to Pro version and I'm trying to customize two distinct Listers for daily use.
I configured a "Explorer" lister that has a folder tree panel and a single tab with Details View and sorted alphabetically. This one is the Default Lister and I created it to use with the Explorer Replacement mode.
I also created a "Images" lister that I use when I'm working with my pictures. This Lister has several tabs open in specific folders, Thumbnails View and is sorted by modified date.

The thing is, I'm having trouble setting the view and sort modes for each Lister. It seems to me that those options are global only. Is that so? I would like to know if there is way or alternative to keep it this way:

-Explorer Lister: Details view, sorted alphabetically
-Images Lister: Thumbnails view, sorted by modified date

Thanks in advance!

If you're saving the special lister as a layout, there's an option when you save (or edit) the layout to use (or ignore) its folder formats.

Make sure they are being used, and are set up how you want when you save the layout.

If you find that works but only for the first folder that opens, with things reverting to the defaults after changing folders, then you should turn on the Format Lock before saving the special layout.

(You would not normally want the format lock on for your normal layout or Default Lister; only for when you want to override the defaults.)

1 Like

Hey Leo!

Thanks for the info! What did the trick was the Format Lock. Here's what I did:
1-Opened the Images Lister, clicked "Format Lock" and saved this Lister again, overwriting the previous version;
2-Closed the Images Lister and opened the Explorer Lister (default);
3-Set the default folder format as "details, sort alphabetically".
4-Saved the Explorer Lister again, overwriting the previous version.

Now, because of the Format Lock, when I open the Images Lister, it keeps the view "thumbnails, sort by modified date", and when I open the default lister, it uses the default view "details, sort alphabetically". This is exactly how I wanted it to work!

Thanks again!

For saving the defaults, you might want to do this instead / as well, so they are independent of the "Explorer" lister you made:

1 Like