Constant crashing on file copy/move

Whenever I try moving or copying files, DO throws this error and crashes. It's a hassle, to say the least. Please advise.

DO 11.6 x64 Build 5355
Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Legitimate license, not a thief, can prove it

That sounds very much like a problem with some third party extension. This may be helpful to start with:

[url]https://resource.dopus.com/t/problems-caused-by-third-party-programs/2154/1]

Please update to 11.7 as there was a bug in 11.6 which may be causing what you're seeing.

Having your account linked already proves that :slight_smile:

I just installed 11.7, and this problem is still there.

It doesn't just happen when I right click and drag; left clicking and dragging does the same thing.

Any other ideas?

Can't edit posts? Interesting.

I'm trying to disable ALL third-party shell extensions using NirSoft ShellExView. Is there something else I should do?

Post editing is disabled in Help & Support, as it resulted in many confusing threads. (There's a FAQ explaining in detail, if you want to know the history of why.)

Using ShellExView is a good thing to try.

It's also worth checking if the problem only happens when copying certain files, or certain types of files, or to/from certain devices (e.g. a NAS vs a local HDD).

File type does not seem to matter. Nor does the crash happen every single time, but it's pretty rare for it not to happen.

ShellExView did nothing. I disabled all third party shellexes there and rebooted, and nothing had changed.

I'm not sure what to do at this point.

What type(s) of source/destination drive does it happen on?

Are crash dumps created when the crash happens? If so, please send the latest few to leo@gpsoft.com.au and I'll see if they reveal anything.

Don't change it, but what is Preferences / Miscellaneous / Advanced: copy_nonbufferio_threshold set to?

copy_nonbufferio_threshold is set to 0

I just emailed a dump file to you.

It seems to happen on my SSD and HDD just the same.

Thank you!

The crash is happening inside "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bluetooth Suite\FolderViewImpl.dll", which is part of the Atheros Commnucations bluetooth drivers.

Some versions of that suite have been known to cause crashes and other issues both inside and outside of Opus in the past.

It might be worth checking ShellExView again to find and disable anything related and then reboot to see if the problem goes away.

I would also check for updates to the software. As a last resort, uninstalling it should solve the problem. (This is what I've done on my own system, since I do not use Bluetooth and didn't need the drivers, although the problems I had were outside of Opus in my case. We've investigated similar crashes caused by this suite on other machines in the past, however.)

Great, an answer. I just installed that crap, too, and wondered if that's what the problem was.

ShellExView isn't going to help (I already tried what you said; in fact I don't think that garbage even appeared in there). But there are other ways to disable it.

That's the latest version of that crap, unfortunately.

Thanks!