Context bar in lister

I am not sure what the actual name is for this feature, but it is in some of the editors I use.

I would like a subtle color bar akin to the above which spans the columns in the detailed file lister.

How about the Settings->Preferences->Listers->Power/Details Mode->Full-row selection option at the bottom of the page under the Details Mode section?

FYI- I would certainly use this option myself to enhance the visual ability to match the selected file to it's detailed attributes to the right (especially when using very high resolution display settings) but for one problem... as the name full-row selection implies, anywhere in the 'row' you click to the right of the filename actually selects the file... duh... but this prevents being able to drag the mouse cursor across white/empty lister space to select a range of multiple files. Yes of course I can do a select and then shift-click/select to select the same range of files or folders, but that takes two hands instead of one :slight_smile:. It would be handy to me to have a two pronged subset of this option - something like Full-row highlight as well as Full-row selection.

:blush: I am embarassed not to have noticed that before posting. That does help. I'm going to see how much I can tweak the appearance to make the color subtler. thanks much!

[quote]
steje wrote:
How about the Settings->Preferences->Listers->Power/Details Mode->Full-row selection option at the bottom of the page under the Details Mode section?

FYI- I would certainly use this option myself to enhance the visual ability to match the selected file to it's detailed attributes to the right (especially when using very high resolution display settings) but for one problem... as the name full-row selection implies, anywhere in the 'row' you click to the right of the filename actually selects the file... duh... but this prevents being able to drag the mouse cursor across white/empty lister space to select a range of multiple files. Yes of course I can do a select and then shift-click/select to select the same range of files or folders, but that takes two hands instead of one :slight_smile:. It would be handy to me to have a two pronged subset of this option - something like Full-row highlight as well as Full-row selection.[/quote]

This would be nice to have. I don't like to use full-row select for the same reasons as you have stated, but would like to have the whole row highlighted in detail mode.

Did you see this thread?

resource.dopus.com/modules/newbb ... C&start=10

Might be useful. Might not. :slight_smile:

Ha... actually what Abadonna started out looking for is what I would actually prefer. Having all the file lines differentiated by background colors sure helps to distinguish details between files 'at a glance' which is nice, but I find it to be a little too 'busy' visually... but nice way to help out, maybe some of the others can use the background approach to acheive what they're looking for... Zero?