Context menu option for Expression Web 3 get error in Dopus

On the context menu there is an item: Edit with Expression Web 3.
It works fine if I use it in Vista's windows explorer, but gets an error when I try to use it in Dopus.

Error: This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel.

I've check the file associations and everything looks okay to me. Need some help fixing this problem.

Let me know if you need more information.

Vista Ultimate x64 sp2
Dopus 9.1.3

Thanks,

JefferyS

Can you see the context menu item in the Opus filetype editor (Settings -> File Types, then open the relevant type and go to the Context Menu tab)?

If you can see it, what command is it running?

I have an Edit and New in the context menu. If I use those on the right click menu they work fine. It's the one that says "Edit with Microsoft Expression Web 3" that doesn't work. I've looked in the registry and found several entries, but the settings looked the same as the ones in the file types context menu. Strange.

JefferyS

But can you see the Expression Web 3 item in the filetype editor?

Sorry, didn't realized you replied, must have forgot to check the notify me.

I took a pic of what is in the context menu. Sorry I wasn't clear.

JefferyS

Is it .css files that you see the "Edit with Expression Web 3" item for?

It's odd that it's only called "Edit" in the file type editor, not "Edit with Expression Web 3". Makes me think we're looking at the wrong thing (and maybe Expression Web is adding its edit item in multiple ways).

When you right-click .css files do you also see an Edit menu item as well as the one with the longer title? (If so, does that one work?)

Is the path shown there correct for ExpressionWeb.exe?

Could you also run ShellExView and sort by the Type column, then see if there's anything with Type = Context Menu that looks related to Expression Web?

(If you're not sure what you're looking at in ShellExView, you can select all the Context Menu items and then use File -> Save Selected Items to save their details to a text file that I can take a look at.)

I don't see the "Edit with Expression Web 3" in any of the entries I looked at in the type editor.

Yes the Edit does work when I click on .css files.

The path is correct.

I ran the ShellExView but didn't find anything about Expressions Web. But I attached the exported context menu items anyway.

The only place I've seen "Edit with Expression Web 3" is in the registry.

JefferyS
Context Menu.txt (28.8 KB)

Thanks. Agreed, nothing in the context menu list looks related to Expression Web 3.

What's the setting you saw in the registry?

Expression Web 3 is associated with a lot of web files so I just pick the .css extension and found all those entries.

There are 5 entries:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.css]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell\EditWithExpressionWeb3]
@="&Edit with Microsoft Expression Web 3"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell\EditWithExpressionWeb3\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Expression\\Web 3\\ExpressionWeb.exe\" /dde"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell\EditWithExpressionWeb3\ddeexec]
@="Open(\"%1\")"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell\EditWithExpressionWeb3\ddeexec\application]
@="ExpressionWeb3"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell\EditWithExpressionWeb3\ddeexec\topic]
@="system"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\SystemFileAssociations\.css]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell\EditWithExpressionWeb3]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell\EditWithExpressionWeb3\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Expression\\Web 3\\ExpressionWeb.exe\" /dde"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell\EditWithExpressionWeb3\ddeexec]
@="Open(\"%1\")"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell\EditWithExpressionWeb3\ddeexec\application]
@="ExpressionWeb3"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell\EditWithExpressionWeb3\ddeexec\topic]
@="system"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\.css]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell\EditWithExpressionWeb3]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell\EditWithExpressionWeb3\command]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell\EditWithExpressionWeb3\ddeexec]
@="Open(\"%1\")"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell\EditWithExpressionWeb3\ddeexec\application]
@="ExpressionWeb3"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell\EditWithExpressionWeb3\ddeexec\topic]
@="system"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\SystemFileAssociations\.css]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell\EditWithExpressionWeb3]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell\EditWithExpressionWeb3\command]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell\EditWithExpressionWeb3\ddeexec]
@="Open(\"%1\")"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell\EditWithExpressionWeb3\ddeexec\application]
@="ExpressionWeb3"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell\EditWithExpressionWeb3\ddeexec\topic]
@="system"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\.css]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell\EditWithExpressionWeb3]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell\EditWithExpressionWeb3\command]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell\EditWithExpressionWeb3\ddeexec]
@="Open(\"%1\")"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell\EditWithExpressionWeb3\ddeexec\application]
@="ExpressionWeb3"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\.css\shell\EditWithExpressionWeb3\ddeexec\topic]
@="system"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Except for being in different places they all looked like they had the same data.

Thanks,

JefferyS