Copy folder not working

for some reason coy folder is not working on my machine.

Windows Explorere works ok, but not on Directory Opus.

I am using win 7 64 and DOPUS 11.19 x64

What can be worng?

Thanks

Joao

Not working in what sense? Is there an error message?

How are you initiating the copy? (Drag & drop, Copy & Paste, selecting a folder and clicking Copy Files, etc.)

Is it only affecting one folder, or one drive, or everything?

interesting I am still having this error in windows 10 now...
all folders
That time I had to format the computer

If you want us to help, please answer the questions from last year.

Here you go the answers:

Not working in what sense? Is there an error message?

No error at all, DOPUS just ignore the paste.

How are you initiating the copy? (Drag & drop, Copy & Paste, selecting a folder and clicking Copy Files, etc.)

I try to drag and drop, CTRLC + CRTLV, try the menu copy and paste

Is it only affecting one folder, or one drive, or everything?

all big folders in size, like VMs or backups from local to eternal HDD or network drives

Windows Explorer works ok.

Actual environmento is Windows 10, 32GBram and DOPUS 12

What happens if you:

• Open a dual-display lister
  • Navigate to the destination folder on the right side
  • Select the folder you want to copy on the left side
  • Click Copy Files on the toolbar (the button is on the at the left)

?

Does that work, or is it the same as drag & drop and copy & paste?

Does drag & drop work if you close the window and open a new one, or does it still not work even then?

same problem... I can record an AVI if you wish

Yes please, if it's no trouble.

(If you save it to mp4 format you can attach it directly to forum posts without worrying about YouTube etc.)

Here you go... with DOPUS and with Windows Explorer

It's best to use the Copy Files button on the toolbar if there are problems, in case there are two overlapping issues. But if that would have done the same in the video:

• In Opus, are you able to go inside of the folder you were trying to copy and view the files within it? Can you right-click any of the files inside it and choose Properties, or does that also fail?

• Is Opus running with the same account and permissions that Explorer is using? (Usually, the only way it would be different is if you had use UAC to elevate the entire dopus.exe when launcing Opus. If you haven't done that, or any kind of run as, then don't worry about this part.)

• Is VMware running while doing the copy? Does it make a difference if any VMs are shut down and then VMware itself is exited?

I can copy the files inside OPUS
I am using same account for Win Explorer and OPUS
VMWare is not running or using those files.
If I have a big folder doesnt matter if a VM or not...

• So the files inside copy OK, it's just the parent folder that won't copy?

• Are both drives involved normal local harddrives or SSDs, formatted with NTFS, or something more unusual? e.g. a non-Windows NAS device, or a local drive but in a less common filesystem?

• Would it be possible to run Microsoft's Process Monitor, attempt the copy with it running, (please use the Copy Files button to keep things simple), and then use File > Save in Process Monitor to save the log in .PML format for us to see?

(The .PML file will be large, but if you zip it it should compress really well.)

(The .PML file may contain things like usernames and computer names, so if you want to keep it private, you can email it to crashdumps@gpsoft.com.au so only we can see it.)

Also, I forgot to say earlier: many thanks for the video!

I am realy sorry for the delay, but I formated my computer and that solves... for some reason from some time after using the computer the problem come back..

I sent my dump to the email crashdumps@gpsoft.com.au and Please let me know if you need anything else
regards
Joao

If I filter the log on paths containing "Computadores", there are no events for those.

• Are you doing a different copy to the one shown in the video? If so, please tell me the paths to look for in the log.

• Did you use Copy & Paste, or the Copy Files button? Please test with the Copy Files button as that is the most simple test.

If only Copy & Paste fails then it could be something unrelated to file copying, such as the hotkeys in Opus has been changed so Ctrl-C/V no longer work, or some other program is blocking the clipboard from being modified sometimes.

Please also let me know about these questions from October:

• So the files inside copy OK, it’s just the parent folder that won’t copy?

• Are both drives involved normal local harddrives or SSDs, formatted with NTFS, or something more unusual? e.g. a non-Windows NAS device, or a local drive but in a less common filesystem?