Copy & Move with TeraCopy

For what it's worth, I just did a file copy of the same files, first with DOpus, and then with TeraCopy.

DOpus was 28 secs, TeraCopy was 29 secs.

I'll still employ both for file copy / move operations, as TeraCopy has a few extras that make it very useful (verify file copy by hash). But DOpus seems to win for me when speed counts

I don't think the command is the same for using Teracopy with the Copy and Paste commands (Ctrl+c Ctrl+v). I have edited both functions to:

@nofilenamequoting
"%ProgramFiles%\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe" Copy "*{allfilepath|filem}" "{destpath}"

and

@nofilenamequoting
"%ProgramFiles%\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe" Paste "*{allfilepath|filem}" "{destpath}"

Here's the odd behavior: When I copy something, it automatically pastes to the other pane. If I paste or copy something that's not on the clipboard (empty), it just pulls up TeraCopy [it shouldnt do anything]. Thoughts?

I did added the two buttons but both are always active. How to set them as dimmed unless a file being clicked or selected?

Please link your account.

I am attempting to also disable the two added buttons when nothing is selected, but I am failing to do this. I modified the two scripts as follows:

@disablenosel
%ProgramFiles%\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe Copy *{allfilepath|filem} {destpath}
@disablenosel
%ProgramFiles%\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe Move *{allfilepath|filem} {destpath}

The buttons remain always enabled though. When I click the move button with no selection, it causes TeraCopy to crash.

Those look OK here and seem to disable correctly from a quick test.

Can you show us a screenshot of the full button editor / definition?

Here are screenshots of the button definitions:

Here is a screenshot with nothing selected with the two new buttons remaining enabled. Notice the existing toolbar buttons, such as Copy Files, are disabled:

@disablenosel needs to be on the toolbar button itself.

It looks like you are making user commands and then creating toolbar buttons which run the user commands. It's the toolbar buttons that need the modifier; having it on the user commands won't do anything.

Thank you. I deleted the toolbar buttons and recreated them properly. This is working fine now.

I was attempting to paste the XML documents into the toolbar many times, but there was no paste available. I now know that you must keep the settings window open in order for paste to appear.

Hi,
I've followed a lot of topics here in the forum and outside the forum.
I would like to know the right way to integrate tera copy with directory opus?
I tried to add the two button as mentioned in the tera copy preferences and it did added the two buttons for copy and paste using tera copy to the toolbar of the directory opus in the customization mode.
Then I found both buttons are always active even without selecting any thing (as mentioned by other members above).
Then I've removed the two added buttons from the toolbar using the same way, but this time I've just selected customize toolbar mode then right clicked the button and selected delete.
Now I would like to know the right way to integrate tera copy with directory opus.
Please advise :slight_smile:
And I would like to make buttons not active if nothing being selected.
Note: I've did tried the pinned thread but did not helped me.
Thanks my friend :slight_smile:

Add a @disablenosel line at the top of the command if you want it to be disabled when nothing is selected.

1 Like

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Please one more thing if possible.
If I want to set tera copy to be the default tool for copy, cut, and paste using shortcuts keys or right click menu, how to do so?
i.e. I mean I do not want to click on the buttons added to directory opus but want it to be like a native option for shortcut keys, and right click menu.
Thanks

You can edit hotkeys under Settings > Customize Toolbars > Keys.

Why do you want to do this though?

I am sorry for late reply Leo.
It is just a matter of curious to try it :slight_smile:
Thanks

By the way I've found a video explaining how to do the integration and thought to add it in a separate reply.

Hi

Everything is working fine except one thing for me.
If I move single file or multiple files using drag n drop to same drive it is working fine.But when i try to move a folder i get error unable to access.But in actual teracopy has already moved that folder to certain location.
what do i do so that i don't have that error anymore?
thx in advance

Frankly, after playing with teracopy/move I've found that directory opus is just as fast. Unattended operation works well too. Perhaps I'm missing some key functionality that the free version of teracopy has.

1 Like

Hi. I have the same issue. Did you solve it in any way? Thanks!

Here's a suggestion for yous... I don't use TeraCopy, but I did use FastCopy for moving folders that contained symlinks around. The way I integrated that was to add the FastCopy context menu ("FileType CONTEXTMENU {CF6181BA-D469-441A-BE79-BB70A2EC3D0B} CONTEXTFORCE") to the 'All files and folders' Drop Menu. I found that to be quite convenient, much more so than needing to use a toolbar button... Assuming TeraCopy has a context menu I suggest giving that a shot...