GP SoftwareTwitter
Opus FAQsManualCommandsObjects

Copy & Move with TeraCopy

commands
button

For what it's worth, I just did a file copy of the same files, first with DOpus, and then with TeraCopy.

DOpus was 28 secs, TeraCopy was 29 secs.

I'll still employ both for file copy / move operations, as TeraCopy has a few extras that make it very useful (verify file copy by hash). But DOpus seems to win for me when speed counts

I don't think the command is the same for using Teracopy with the Copy and Paste commands (Ctrl+c Ctrl+v). I have edited both functions to:

@nofilenamequoting
"%ProgramFiles%\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe" Copy "*{allfilepath|filem}" "{destpath}"

and

@nofilenamequoting
"%ProgramFiles%\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe" Paste "*{allfilepath|filem}" "{destpath}"

Here's the odd behavior: When I copy something, it automatically pastes to the other pane. If I paste or copy something that's not on the clipboard (empty), it just pulls up TeraCopy [it shouldnt do anything]. Thoughts?

I did added the two buttons but both are always active. How to set them as dimmed unless a file being clicked or selected?

Please link your account.

I am attempting to also disable the two added buttons when nothing is selected, but I am failing to do this. I modified the two scripts as follows:

@disablenosel
%ProgramFiles%\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe Copy *{allfilepath|filem} {destpath}
@disablenosel
%ProgramFiles%\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe Move *{allfilepath|filem} {destpath}

The buttons remain always enabled though. When I click the move button with no selection, it causes TeraCopy to crash.

Those look OK here and seem to disable correctly from a quick test.

Can you show us a screenshot of the full button editor / definition?

Here are screenshots of the button definitions:

Here is a screenshot with nothing selected with the two new buttons remaining enabled. Notice the existing toolbar buttons, such as Copy Files, are disabled:

@disablenosel needs to be on the toolbar button itself.

It looks like you are making user commands and then creating toolbar buttons which run the user commands. It's the toolbar buttons that need the modifier; having it on the user commands won't do anything.

Thank you. I deleted the toolbar buttons and recreated them properly. This is working fine now.

I was attempting to paste the XML documents into the toolbar many times, but there was no paste available. I now know that you must keep the settings window open in order for paste to appear.