Copy or Move as, using regular expressions

When I use the Copy as or Move as functions, I get a simple dialog allowing me to rename files using wildcards.

Is it possible to use regular expressions and get the complete dialog like when using the Rename function ?

I am not sure if this is what you have in mind, but at the end of this message is a RegExp rename button that will cause DOpus to pop up a dialog box for you to enter a new first name. For example, suppose you have some files selected that look like this:

JohnJones.txt
MarySmith.jpg

When you run the below DOpus button on those files, if you type

Michael

Into the dialog box that pops up, the files are renamed with regexp to:

Michael Jones.txt
Michael Smith.jpg

John

<?xml version="1.0"?> Replace First Name C:\WINNT\System32\shell32.dll,71 rename PATTERN="^([A-Z]+.*)([A-Z].*)" TO="{dlgstring|Enter a new first name} \2" REGEXP MATCHCASE

I don't think this is quite what I mean (EDIT : and BTW, I'm not sure I can use your button with DOpus 8.0.1.2 : as far as I've understood, xml code for buttons is new to ver. 8.1, which I don't use yet, because I prefer to wait for the finale version in french).

Currently, when I use the "copy as" or "move as" functions, I get the following dialog :

In which I cannot use regular expressions (I can't type "(.).(.)", I get the possibility to use only one "*", so I guess this means standard wildcards renaming).

When I use the "rename" function, I get the following dialog :

in which I can choose the kind of renaming, rename by numbers, etc.

I'd like to have the second dialog rather than the first with the "copy as" and "move as" functions.

Hello abelthorne,

[quote]I'd like to have the second dialog rather than the first with the "copy as" and "move as" functions.
[/quote]

I don't think it is possible to do this in Dopus yet.
A person must copy the file and then rename the file.

It is a very good idea :slight_smile: (EDIT: It is not a BĂȘtise folie )
Your English is very, very good ( and your French ).

:opusicon: porcupine

Hi abelthorne,

A bit off-topic but what is the name of the font you use as system default ? (eg. for the text and OK buttons in the attached image)

I have tried to find the name of it several times but with no luck, and am currently stuck with the system default of Tahoma, 8.

[quote]I don't think it is possible to do this in Dopus yet.
A person must copy the file and then rename the file.[/quote]

Yep, that's exactly what I have to do in several cases and I thought it would be possible in DOpus (as it is related to renaming in both cases).

Greg, Jon, if you stop by here : is it really impossible to do ? Can it be implemented in the future ?

Unless I've messed up my system settings last time I changed the skin I use, it should be Trebuchet MS (which is a system font, at least in Windows XP).