Copy/Paste keyboard shortcuts

Any progress on this issue?

Unfortunately I use the Find panel a lot so the workaround is a bit disruptive to my workflow.

Thanks!

Any further update on this issue?

Again, customizing the keys under Settings isn't entirely practical as I'm a regular user of the Find Panel.

Thanks!

It's been a couple of years since I raised this. Any chance it'll be fixed in an upcoming release?

Have you tried AutoHotkey?

I do use AutoHotkey for other purposes, but I don't believe it should be necessary in this case given (a) it's a standard Windows keyboard shortcut, and (b) it used to work in DOpus (only stopped working ~Oct 2016).

Yes, I'm a bit frustrated... :slightly_smiling_face:

No shame in necro'ing my own thread!

Can the devs confirm if this is on the roadmap somewhere? Again, we're talking about standard global Windows shortcuts that I can use happily in every other application.

Is the issue just with the Find panel?

If I don't add them as custom shortcuts then they don't work at all.

If they are added as custom shortcuts then, yes, the Find Panel was problematic.

I can't be 100% certain that's the only issue as I didn't stick with the custom shortcuts for long (it was easier to just remember "don't use your normal copy/paste shortcuts when using Dopus" than "don't use these shortcuts specifically for the Find panel").

I don't want to be this guy... :slight_smile:

1 Like

I'm trying in 12.24 with the current default hotkeys, and Shift+Insert pastes text into the Tools > Find Files panel without any issues for me.

You can filter the Customize / Keys list by hotkey to see if anything is overriding the Insert key. This should be the only key by default, which only affects the standalone image viewer and shouldn't cause problems:

(Make sure the [Z] icon next to the Filter field at the bottom is selected, then click on the Filter field and push the Insert key.)

The problem is that in terms of listers and the Find panel, copy/paste is either working in one or the other.

So if custom shortcuts are not set up then copy/paste doesn't work in the lister, but the Find panel is okay.

If you set up custom shortcuts for copy/paste then listers are fine but the Find panel isn't.

1 Like

Ah yeah, I see what you mean now. I'll have a look next week to see if we can make it so Shift/Ctrl+Insert can work in both places.

Much appreciated Leo!

A fix for this will be in the next beta. Sorry it took us so long.

We're also adding Ctrl+Insert and Shift+Insert to the default hotkeys for the file display and viewer pane, although that will only affect new configs (or existing ones if you reset your toolbars to defaults). If you don't want to reset your toolbars, just edit the hotkey on the Edit > Copy and Edit > Paste menu items as before, and it'll no longer get in the way when things like the Find panel are active.

(Can't add Ctrl+Delete as a default alternative to Ctrl-X since it already does delete bypassing the recycle bin, but that's true in File Explorer as well, so I assume people are used to it. It can be edited if you want, though.)

Fantastic news, thanks Leo! :smiley:

Should this be Shift+Delete rather than Ctrl+Delete?

Yes.

The change is in the beta released today: Directory Opus 12.24.1 (Beta)

Just trying it out now - so far so good!

Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you! Works like a charm.