Copynames right click

On version 8, xp-32bit, I somehow got copynames onto right click menu.
How do I get that on Win7-64bit, ver 9?

You can add your CLIPBOARD COPYNAMES command in customize mode in the context menus tab (»lister context«).

@abr:
Sorry, but this isn't really correct... items added to the 'Lister Context' menu in the Customize dialog only appear when you right-click the file display background. An item added there with the CLIPBOARD COPYNAMES command will appear, but it will be grayed out and not do anything for you...

@thimk:
You'll want to go to Settings->File Types... then double-click on All files and folders (or whatever file type you feel appropriate). In the resulting 'Edit' dialog, click on the Context Menu tab, then click the New button to create a new context menu item with the Clipboard COPYNAMES command that abr suggested. Read the manual for explanation of the various arguments to the command that affect the format of the file/folder name copied to the clipboard (i.e. full path, base name, etc)...

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it... !!!

It's also covered in this FAQ (including adding it to the context menu):

HOW TO: Copy selected filenames to the clipboard

Thanks, all.

[quote="steje"]@abr:
Sorry, but this isn't really correct... items added to the 'Lister Context' menu in the Customize dialog only appear when you right-click the file display background. An item added there with the CLIPBOARD COPYNAMES command will appear, but it will be grayed out and not do anything for you...[/quote]

Oops, you´re right, of course. :blush: